Advertise Here - SUPPORT TMF

Author Topic: Two cities layout.  (Read 8777 times)

Random

• Senior Poster 250+
    • View Profile
Re: Two cities layout.
« Reply #165 on: August 13, 2019, 11:49:05 AM »
Setting up your first business is confusing and time consuming.  Hopefully it takes off.

But, back to modeling. 

Anyone like walls?  These are my castings painted.  For the castings with deep relief I first paint it with a dark ink stain and then work the colors from dark to lighter into the walls.  Its all done with artist acrylics mixed as I work on a pallet with a half inch round brush.  After drying overnight I dry brushed titanium white vertically to add light.

This next photo is the completed tunnel liner.  It consists of 5 full castings and one partial casting cut down with an old razor saw that will never cut anything but plaster again.  The lower straight portions of the tunnel liner are cut from my wall castings.  (The lower strip will go on the other side.)  I inked this as well and then painted it with a darker gray.   After drying I again dry brushed titanium white to simulate calcium buildup from water penetration.  I also added a few more distinct leak lines. 

Next I need to decide on the tunnel road surface.  I'm probably going to go with some form of cobblestone.

Cheers!

Roger Hines

Is 5 layouts too many?  ESPEE (transition in Oregon), SP&S (late 1940s), MEC (mid 1960s - 1970s), Main Two-Footers (in HOn30), and a very FSMish, Boston area freelanced layout to run New Haven and B&M equipment.  Oh and the odd airplane, spaceship, and off topic structure.

Rail and Tie

• Senior Poster 250+
  • ...look, cows!
    • View Profile
    • Interaction Hobbies
« Reply #166 on: August 13, 2019, 12:36:36 PM »
very nicely done!  The castings came out perfectly.  Can't wait to see what you do with them installed.
Darryl Jacobs
Inter-Action Enterprises
www.interactionhobbies.com

mark dalrymple

• Modeler's Hero 500+ Posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 13, 2019, 03:19:01 PM »
The castings look terrific, Dennis!

Cheers, mark.