FOS' Hollis Pest Control

Started by ACL1504, July 26, 2019, 05:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACL1504

Quote from: ReadingBob on August 21, 2019, 08:41:24 AM
Looks super!  It's going to fit right in where you're planning on putting.   ;D ;D ;D

Bob,

Thank you my friend. I'm very pleased with how this kit bash is turning out.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: postalkarl on August 21, 2019, 03:25:23 PM
Hey Tom:

Looking good. Like what you are doing with this kit.

Karl

Karl,

Thank you as well. I think it will be a perfect fit for where I plan on placing it.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

More roof panels were cut to fit.

I cut a small roof panel for the office area.

I marked two pencil lines over the office door and decided to cut a second roof panel with an awning.

More in a few.

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I like this look but did cut 3 HIO scale feet off the front of the awning/canopy.

Continued -

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

All roof decking is now cut, I've been calling it panels, couldn't think of the word "decking" unitil now.

Continued -
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I removed the decking and added some exterior fasters to the structure.

I left them long and will trim them when the roof is permanently in place.

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

More on the roof and rolled roofing tomorrow.

I appreciate all who are following and feel free to post any comments, positive or negative.
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Mark Dalrymple

Looking great, Tom.

I'm liking this new configuration.  Its always so much easier to see with the roof in place.  That's why I always put roofs on my mock-ups.

Cheers, Mark.

Opa George

Beautiful work so far, Tom.  I agree with Mark that the roof in place changes the entire look.  I'm enjoying following along--really like what you are doing with it.
--George

postalkarl

Hey Tom:

It's coming along very nicely. Great work.

Karl

ACL1504

Quote from: mark dalrymple on August 22, 2019, 03:24:52 PM
Looking great, Tom.

I'm liking this new configuration.  Its always so much easier to see with the roof in place.  That's why I always put roofs on my mock-ups.

Cheers, Mark.

Mark,

I agree, it all seems to look better when the roof goes on. The new floor plan does change it quite a bit.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: Opa George on August 25, 2019, 09:21:47 AM
Beautiful work so far, Tom.  I agree with Mark that the roof in place changes the entire look.  I'm enjoying following along--really like what you are doing with it.
--George

George,

Thank you, much appreciate the support and comment. I'm way behind in the thread as the build is actually finished. I think everyone will be pleased with the final outcome. Stay tuned.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: postalkarl on August 25, 2019, 12:34:20 PM
Hey Tom:

It's coming along very nicely. Great work.

Karl

Karl,

Thank you buddy, much more to come and lots of pictures for you as well.

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I took the top roof panel and drew the wall lines using a sharp pencil. I then cut rafter tails and glued them in place as shown. Notice the rafter tails are longer than the edge of the roof. These will be trimmed when the roof is actually glued on the walls.

Continued -
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com