K-27 # 461 and others finished

Started by Graffen, April 02, 2018, 03:09:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Graffen

I've finished the Sunset models HOn3 K-27 as number 461.
It has a Tsunami decoder installed.
I painted it with a green boiler just because....

Here's my collection of K-27's:

#452, 455, 460, 461 and 463.
One of these are not like the others though. As one isn't a brass engine.
Which one?

Graffen

Front to back:
#461 Sunset models
#460 Westside models
#452 Sunset models
#455 Westside models
And finally #463 Blackstone in plastic.
The #460 is the older version with long smokebox and slide valves.

Janbouli

Don't care what they're made of , they all look fabulous.
I love photo's, don't we all.

tct855

G~,
You listed the answer too fast! (for those of us who were playing).  I was going to say the back one #463 because of the boiler, bell & cab vent.  I have the Blackstone collection as well as 3 brass models and side by side one does see the difference. (If one knows what to look for I guess).
Sorry, even tho the plastic is wonderful.  I prefer the brass every day and twice on Sunday.  I guess I'm biased...
                                                                                                                                                                    Thanx Thom...

Beautiful models all nonetheless! Nice job Master!  P.S.  Is that a Bob Ross painting in the background... Love it!

Graffen

I prefer the brass engines as well.
I've weathered the Blackstone C-19.
I used it to try some new paints and techniques.

tct855

G~,
Phenomenal painting & weathering my friend.  I love the color choices, very realistic.  It's an inspiration to view the work done for sure.   Thanx Thom...

postalkarl

Hey Thom:

I completely agree with you and the decaling is also very well done.

Karl

Lynnb

They do look great, quite a while back when Litchfield Station was around ( hmm maybe he still is ) anyway I spent a bundle on putting tsunamis into some Backmann Spectrum steam engines, I learned quickly how flexible they are with all kinds of different settings and possibility's also learned how much power they liked.
Ontario, Canada
The Great White North

My Layout Venture-> https://modelersforum.com/index.php?topic=6003.0

Zephyrus52246

GPdemayo

Good looking steamers Graffen..... 8)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

S&S RR

John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

tct855

G~,
      With all the beautiful work you've been doing, I think you're ready for the next step in your training!  T...
  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oylWFlgMew 

Graffen

Quote from: tct855 on April 04, 2018, 08:50:30 PM
G~,
      With all the beautiful work you've been doing, I think you're ready for the next step in your training!  T... 
Wow! I had the C-19 apart, and there's not a lot of room inside.
I would love to install working marker lights though... Are there hollowed out marker lights available? I have started to use the 0402 SMD LEDs for most of my locomotives. Those would be nice in the lights.
Maybe if I ripped out the original electronics and installed a smaller decoder...

tct855

G~,
   I'm sure someone makes markers with predrilled holes, but I've always taken the time to drill out the markers (it doesn't take long, just patience while hand drilling).   Lights can be added to just about anything. http://www.thomscustomtrains.com/installations.html  T...

Graffen