Norway layout by Mike Carter

Started by madharry, November 17, 2016, 10:36:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madharry

A few more.............the grass verge was originally to the edge but this had to be removed to put in the road for the radio controlled VW. There is a turning circle at the harbour around the Nordkapp monument. I will need to fit a stone wall along the edge of the layout to contain the vehicle. At the exhibitions the public may be invited to drive the VW..............hmmm

madharry

And not forgetting the peddling cyclist making her way around the Bryggen...........
Mike

madharry

The walling is made of 5mm foamboard with 3D stone paper glued to both sides. Now I need to make a capping of thin card to neatly finish the walls.

Mike

PRR Modeler

That is some beautiful modeling Mike.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

madharry

Thanks Curt as always I much appreciate your support.
Mike

postalkarl

Hey Mike:

Looks great. Always enjoy watching your builds.

Karl

madharry

Thanks Karl, lots more detailing going on will post more pictures soon.......................
Mike :) :)

madharry

The small stone retaining walls are completed along seven feet at the front of the layout. This will hopefully contain the small VW Samba from falling to the floor at exhibitions. The walls are a scale 4ft high and are made of foamboard, stone 3D paper with a card capping.

madharry

Two general views of the complete layout set up in our lounge at home. The layout is 15 ft long and as british houses are on the small size, this is the only place I can set it up. I know my wife is a saint................It still needs a curtain and fascia boards to be fitted.........coming soon.........

madharry

The layout has self contained lighting. Here are the top boards fitted with LED's ready for the next stage. Note the painting of Prieser figures to populate the town.
Mike

jerryrbeach

Mike,

Outstanding!  This is going to be a crowd favorite when you exhibit it.  I will be really interested in how it looks with the lighting in place.
Jerry

madharry

Thanks Jerry, I hope so!
Here are lighting pelmet and framing pieces have been fitted. Next up will be the final black fascia pieces...........
Mike

Oldguy

Bob Dye
Livin large on a pond

madharry

Thanks very much Bob. I am very pleased with the whole set up. This is the second layout I have built on this forum (Cheffley/Midsomer) and I built Red Hook Bay on the old forum. The first show is next Friday/Saturday so I am 1 week ahead of myself. There are a total of six invites to exhibitions so far..............
Thanks everyone for following.  :)
Mike

Janbouli

Coming together nicely Mike , can't wait to see all the detailing.
I love photo's, don't we all.