Saltie Sams Seafood Emporium

Started by hairball, November 28, 2019, 12:57:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hairball

I decided I wanted to build a restaurant , one of 4 I did around that time.  This is Saltie Sams that started with a pile of windows and that TIGER SHARK.

I took a sheet of 6 x 24 northeastern AGED 3/32" spacing clapboard and started laying out the main entrance , selected the grandt line windows I was to use and had more than enough. There is no grand plan or set of drawings to follow , its right off top of my head .  I like to wing it .

At this point I decided I needed a foundation , rather than cut up hydrocal stone walls , I took yorkes #118 the bank and #138 lakeside grocery foundation bases and ran the middle joining edges thru my belt sander machine.   I took HOUSE HOLD GOOP and clamped them together for 24 hours.

Now I have the footprint I can cut out the doors windows and walls.  Out comes the pounce wheel for nail heads, out comes the wallpaper knife to lift assorted boards as usual.

The walls get coated with floquil driftwood stain , flowed by antique white and reefer white to give the paint a worn fade look .  From Builders In Scale = BIS .  I find my stock of lace curtains and some venetian blinds for the window doors and apply them to the back inside.

The roof is real copper raised seam style from BIS, treated with circuit board cleaner to get the protective coating off and prepare the surface for green variegating .   The vehicles are RIO of Italy 1.43 scale.  People are Aartista ? or ?  Vegetables and boxes are from mike in Ohio no longer in business, WHAT A SHAME !!!!!!

That Tiger Shark.  I needed a big fish for Salties, hit ebay and searched and came up with him/her.  I also got a drunken cow bobble head and something else I have not used yet.

Again this got sold right after listing it on ebay , no idea who owns it and on what continent it resides.
I really enjoy just building structures/dioramas coming up with a design and making it work to my satisfaction.  Things that don't work hit the floor and followed by a foot stomping, then deposit to garbage can.

mike lynch...........madmike3434.........now HAIRBALL

hairball

picture set 2.

mike

Opa George

Mike, very impressive work--like your other masterpieces. I like your sense of the whimsical, too.
--George

hairball

Thank you---OPA.    just having fun creating things with character

mike lynch....................HAIRBALL

NEMMRRC

Very nice. The weathering on the metal roof is very well done.

Thanks for sharing and glad to see you back online.

Jaime

hairball

JAMIE...........hoping to start creating new things this winter.  Been gathering detail items off ebay when I can find interesting things.

I remember you from darryll's  FSM yahoo groups.  We all got an education going to FSM U playing with his creations and reading Georges instructions.  75% of what I know I learned from George.  The rest was just playing around and experimenting with inks and paints .  In o scale and Yorkes designs the USA Hydrocal gypsum white really changed what I was able to create.

Just having fun.

mike Lynch..........madmike3434-------now.........HAIRBAL

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL