Barnstead Lumber Scratch build

Started by fsmcollector67, October 11, 2017, 02:02:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

postalkarl

Hi Loren:

Looks just beautiful. Keep up the good work.

Karl

fsmcollector67

John, Tom, Donato, and Karl,
Thanks for the compliments...
Loren...
9 Fingers Loren.....
"Watch out for that #11 Blade"

MAP

Wowsa!  Really looking nice Loren.  Thanks for all of the photos...keep 'em coming!
Mark

engine909

Loren, Very nice work. Weathering is excellent.
ed

fsmcollector67

Mark, Ed,
Thanks so much for the compliments...
Loren..
9 Fingers Loren.....

dick green

Great job Loren. I managed to score one of these on evil bay. After Bailey's I need some thing a little simpler. What started as a kitbash has turned into a total scratch build. small but good practice. Thanks for the thread I saved it for future reference.

Dick
Dick
Apple Valley, Mn

dick green

Loren

My first door. Thanks for the inspiration and guidance. While a little time consuming this was not really hard to do. I made my hinges from stretched sprue. Probably should have stretched a little thinner.

Dick
Dick
Apple Valley, Mn

fsmcollector67

Dick,
An excellent job on the door. They are really not that tough to build, it is just layering up the wood. Great start to the build.

Loren...
9 Fingers Loren.....

dick green

Thanks Loren. I ordered some 1x lumber but like a kid at chritmas I couldn't wait so I used the 2x I had.  just curious; do you cut openings and make doors to fit or make doors and cut openings?
Dick
Dick
Apple Valley, Mn

fsmcollector67

Dick,
As I am copying an FSM kit, I generally match the casting for size, which then in turn should match the cut out in the siding.

Loren...
9 Fingers Loren.....

dick green

that's sorta what I thought. So when scratch building I'll cut my openings and then trace around the inside and go from there.

Dick
Dick
Apple Valley, Mn

postalkarl

Hey Dick:

The door looks just beautiful.

Karl

ACL1504

Dick,

I agree, the doors look great.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

dick green

Dick
Apple Valley, Mn

Jerry

That is one nice looking door.

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln