Started by Zephyrus52246, August 31, 2014, 03:58:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PRR Modeler

Great modeling Jeff.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

Zephyrus52246

Thanks for watching Curt and Greg.  I've been moving stuff around for a couple of days.  Curving the siding and eliminating the flop house made for some interesting possibilities.  First I made "Mount Towel" as a straight on view block, moving the silos and large building a bit to the right.  This isn't perfect, but not bad.  Flipping the silos and main structure looked a bit worse.

Jeff

Zephyrus52246

Next, I mocked up the rear wall of another ITLA structure kit I have here.  It's much smaller,  not near as overpowering as the modular mock up,  but doesn't cover the hole quite as well as I'd like.  

Jeff

Zephyrus52246

Finally, I "cut down" the ITLA modular structure by one story.  This is much better to scale and covers the area quite well. 

The final shot is an overall look at the area, comparing all the building heights.  Another advantage to moving the siding and eliminating the flop house is that now there's a big area in the front for a structure.  I could remove the green roof building and maybe put an FSM kit in here.  Hmmm...  I'll sit on these ideas for a few days and see how I like them. 

Jeff

deemery

Yeah, that looks good.  A water tank on the roof would add interest, be appropriate, and probably add balance to the scene, too.

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

Zephyrus52246

Thanks, Dave.  Yes, a water tower on the roof would add more interest. 

Jeff

Zephyrus52246

To make sure everything lines up, and I need to make the road grade crossing, I temporarily installed a piece of track for the siding.  The building clears my longest passenger cars, but I should probably get a couple of steamers past this as well.  Note there was a derailment when the locos picked the switch on the left.  The tortoise which was hot glued here had fallen off and was only held on by some tape.   :o  This was removed and will need to be re installed.   

Jeff

jerryrbeach

Jeff,

I like the way this is coming together.  I think removing a floor form the ITLA building (cardboard mockup) fits the scene well since you reduced its height.  From your photos it looks like it does a nice job hiding the spot where the track goes through the backdrop.
Jerry

ACL1504

Jeff,

Great progress. The road will look fantastic crossing the tracks.

Tom 
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com