Tom Schwarz Winter Build Challenge: Wild West Models - Miners Supply

Started by Larry.h, January 02, 2019, 05:05:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larry.h

The Miners Supply kit originally had a shed roof addition on the back. Since I didn't use it, I thought that by adding one more wall, it would make a good coal shed. I finished the outhouse as well. Other than adding a a little weathering and a few details, the kit is finished and I can move on to the next project.

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

SteveCuster

Looks great Larry. Nice texture and colors. Everything really feels natural.

-Steve
Steve Custer

postalkarl

Larry.h

I needed a diorama for the club meeting so I threw this together from stuff in the overflow bin.

ACL1504

Larry,

Great job on the diorama. Love the bear looking in the rear window.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Opa George

Don't know which I like more, the tall pines or the structures. Everything looks great and is tied together expertly in this scene. Great job.
--George

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

Dennis Bourey

Dennis Bourey
dpbourey@comcast.net

Lake's Region RR
(Happy Modeling)

Larry.h

Thanks for all the kind words. The diorama was great fun.

The trees are made from chop sticks that are tapered on the belt sander then stained. I drill a hole in the bottom of trunk and insert a small nail with the head cut off.

The branches are scotchbright scouring pads torn into rough round shapes. They are then put on the chop sticks and cut to shape. A bit of hairspray and some ground foam finish them off.