FOS' Whalen Apiaries

Started by ACL1504, August 04, 2019, 04:44:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACL1504

This is the second structure I'm building for the South Tahope area, Whalen apiaries by FOS models. It has a small foot print of 2 3/4"X7".

I'll show you later in the thread where it will be placed.

Continued -
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Pieces and parts -

Not shown but I've already started bracing the walls.
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

cuse

that's a neat little kit. Will fit right in on your layout. I've never seen that one. I'll be following.

John

Raymo

This was one of the first Fos kits I ever bought. My plan was to make it a small tire shop. It reminds me of one I used to go to here in town back in high school, where they would use floor Jack's instead of lifts and the tires were stacked in every corner of the building.

Lynnb

3 building with only 4 falls, interesting  ;D
Ontario, Canada
The Great White North

My Layout Venture-> https://modelersforum.com/index.php?topic=6003.0

postalkarl

Hey Tom:

Looks like A nice little kit. I will be following along.

Karl

Dave K.

Long out of production. Fun!

deemery

I look at that roofline and say to myself, "Self, that's definitely not a building from where they get snow."  ;D

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

ACL1504

Quote from: cuse on August 05, 2019, 07:42:45 AM
that's a neat little kit. Will fit right in on your layout. I've never seen that one. I'll be following.

John

John,

Thank you for checking in. This is a neat kit as you said and I do have just the spot for it.

Next time you are in the area come on by. Lots of new stuff happening here.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: Raymo on August 05, 2019, 09:21:12 AM
This was one of the first Fos kits I ever bought. My plan was to make it a small tire shop. It reminds me of one I used to go to here in town back in high school, where they would use floor Jack's instead of lifts and the tires were stacked in every corner of the building.

Dan,

I appreciate you stopping by and posting a comment. This would make a great little tire shop. In fact, Doug included in the kit signs for a small auto repair shop. These mom and pop shops were all over the rural south.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: Lynnb on August 05, 2019, 11:50:58 AM
3 building with only 4 falls, interesting  ;D

Lynn,

The roof line was what drew my interest in the kit. Fun build so far.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: postalkarl on August 05, 2019, 12:16:52 PM
Hey Tom:

Looks like A nice little kit. I will be following along.

Karl

Karl,

Thanks buddy, much appreciate you following along.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: Dave K. on August 05, 2019, 05:09:23 PM
Long out of production. Fun!

Dave,

Yep, long gone. This is a great little structure and very interesting as well.

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: deemery on August 05, 2019, 05:24:40 PM
I look at that roofline and say to myself, "Self, that's definitely not a building from where they get snow."  ;D

dave

Dave,

I agree with ya. The last so called snow we got in Orlando was December 24, 1990. It lasted for about ten minutes and melted when it landed. ;D ;D

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

We had a 4 hour power outage here this afternoon. Rotten oak tree fell across the power lines. So not much done today.

Yesterday I finished bracing the walls and added a light coat of light gray A&I from Hunterline.

This morning I added a wash of Floquil Earth to the walls.

Then the power went out.
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com