Kjeungskjaer lighthouse

Started by madharry, October 07, 2019, 10:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madharry

I have left a space on the harbour of "Norge" for a lighthouse. I am going to attempt to scratch this famous norwegian lighthouse.It is located just outside to entrance to Trondheim. The body of the lighthouse is some 57ft high. It is in reality located on a man made platform out to sea. However I will place it on my dock and because I do not want it to overpower the scene I am going to reduce it to about 80% of it's scale size.
Mike

madharry

I thought hard and long what material to use. After a few false starts, I have decided on thin card. The lighthouse is an octagon with eight faces. I have cut a piece of card to the right size and then scribed carefully each wall.

madharry

The model will need a base. So I have cut a base using a 45 degree angle to form the octagon. I then use 8 small pices of scale wood cut an inch long to aid construction.
Mike

madharry

There are several windows on each wall with the middle one the most prominent. I have found a window in the Tichy range that is close to size. After careful measuring I proceeded to cut out holes in the walls for the windows.
Mike

PRR Modeler

I'll definitely be following this.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

madharry

Thanks for following Curt. I'm learning as I go along. The thought processes are certainly better than crossword puzzles for me............ :D Mike

madharry

Continuing...........
I am trying to source the windows by altering existing items to the right shape and size. I have altered the mullions on these little windows (left). I have made a roof that will support the roof panels and light shed.
Mike

Janbouli

That is a great looking lighthouse , can't wait to see what you can achieve.
I love photo's, don't we all.

Dennis Bourey

I agree can't wait..........Dennis
Dennis Bourey
dpbourey@comcast.net

Lake's Region RR
(Happy Modeling)

jimmillho

I will be watching (and learning).

Jim

madharry

Thanks Jan, Dennis and Jim for watching.................no pressure then!
Mike :)

Zephyrus52246

What an interesting structure.  I can see why you want to replicate it.

Jeff

ACL1504

Mike,

Interesting build, I'm following along as well. Great start.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ReadingBob

Mike,

Count me in too.  I love lighthouses.   8)
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

madharry

Thanks Jeff, Tom and Bob for your support.
The window openings for the main walls have been carefully cut out...................
Mike