The Hoffinmier Brewery

Started by fsmcollector67, September 25, 2016, 06:32:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

S&S RR

Loren

This is some first class modeling - love it! And I really like the fact that your already posting your next build.  Keep up the great work.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

fsmcollector67

John,
Thanks for the great comment....always have to keep busy when modeling...
Loren...
9 Fingers Loren.....
"Watch out for that #11 Blade"

cuse

Wow...has it been 3 years?! For those who were unaware, I am in possession of Loren's masterpiece and have had it sitting on my layout. Today, I thought I'd permanently place it with some scenery. It's not a simple matter as there is incredibly fine interior and exterior lighting to be coordinated and I have to build the small raised area that it will occupy...Anyway, as I re-examine this project, I am still awed by the level of fine detail, weathering, and overall skill that went in to this build.

John M

hairball

just a little tip for doing the stone building section.  Note where the end peaked wall joins the side walls, there is a definite joint there.  Its a problem with all stone/brick walls where they join.

I found a solution to the problem after it was driving me nuts .   Take a zona saw and follow the bricks or stones around the side on the motor joint , and lightly saw the lines.  Then take and mark the wall to STEP INWARDS by 1/32". Glue 1/8 sq basswood as a stop for the wall.   The "step in" becomes a detail in itself and gets you away from the dreaded seam.

mike lynch...........madmike3434...............HAIRBALL