Superior & Seattle Railroad Build (Volume 2) Started 2/25/17

Started by S&S RR, February 25, 2017, 10:03:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

S&S RR

This picture shows the North Yard sidings and the cross overs for sorting trains. The middle tracks are for sorting and the outer tracks are for storage. I have plans for water towers, coaling facilities, locomotive storage sheds, and the usual yard structures in the areas that are not occupied by track.

John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

S&S RR

This is the view of the South Yard which is located in the hall way.  I plan to have an observation deck, that the train passes through, that will help hide the hole in the wall.

John Siekirk

Dennis Bourey

John, That's a incredible job!!!! I would be lost in all of that and I would love whats gonna run this huge layout? And your control panel gotta be huge to replace all your light switches?.....Dennis
Dennis Bourey
dpbourey@comcast.net

Lake's Region RR
(Happy Modeling)

S&S RR

Quote from: DennisBourey on July 03, 2019, 07:36:47 PM
John, That's a incredible job!!!! I would be lost in all of that and I would love whats gonna run this huge layout? And your control panel gotta be huge to replace all your light switches?.....Dennis

Dennis

The control panel or panels will be above the cabinets in the facia area.  I will be building a mockup in the next few days that will show it.  This control panel will be just for this yard. I will have touch control switches that control the turnouts and a row of toggle switches that will control power to each of the power blocks.  I'm currently working on the graphics for this and will post it when I get it finished. I'm leaning toward three control panels rather than one big one for this area.  They will be in a row but give multiple operators more room.  I hope to have it so I can reach all three of them from one position - to help when I'm operating alone. The switches for the helix area that control if a train goes through the reversing loop on top of the helix or goes down the helix to the Superior Yard will be controls from this control panel and the Control panel for Eagles Nest Yard.
John Siekirk

Dennis Bourey

It's still amazing. No wonder your build has been read over 100,000 times my friend................... Dennis
Dennis Bourey
dpbourey@comcast.net

Lake's Region RR
(Happy Modeling)

S&S RR

Finally, for tonight, I'm getting the workshop back in shape so I can start building structures again.  I want to be able to work a few hours on wiring and then head in to the workshop and work on some structures. My first structure project will be Fox Run Mill which will be the companion building to the Schwarz Foundry that I built for the challenge this year.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Quote from: DennisBourey on July 03, 2019, 07:49:58 PM
It's still amazing. No wonder your build has been read over 100,000 times my friend................... Dennis

Thank you for the complements. I was looking at the original build thread the other day while I was updating the index and noticed that if you combine the views from Volume 1 and Volume 2 we are almost up to half a million views.  I think that's amazing for a railroad thread.  There are a few layouts here on the forum at that level (Tom is well into his third volume), which says a lot for this forum. This thread is getting close to the 200 page limit that Jimmy asked us to stay under - so I will be starting a Volume 3 in the next few days.
John Siekirk

Dennis Bourey

(500,000)    VERY IMPRESSIVE SIR.................. kudos to you and Tom.
Dennis Bourey
dpbourey@comcast.net

Lake's Region RR
(Happy Modeling)

PRR Modeler

John, WOW WOW WOW. Like others have said, I would be lost in all of that. Very impressive.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

jimmillho

Quote from: PRR Modeler on July 03, 2019, 08:42:57 PM
John, WOW WOW WOW. Like others have said, I would be lost in all of that. Very impressive.

I could not have said it any better.  Impressive is a small word to describe such an undertaking.

Jim

S&S RR

Curt

Thank you - it remains to be seen, if I'm not lost. We will see if it works when I get it wired up.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Quote from: jimmillho on July 03, 2019, 10:09:42 PM

I could not have said it any better.  Impressive is a small word to describe such an undertaking.

Jim

Thank you Jim.  For some reason my wife uses the word crazy. :o ::)
John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

The last three posts were for server testing. I have posted without issues from my Apple phone, iPad, and MacBook Pro.  ::)  Poor Jimmy D. - I wonder if he has any hair left.
John Siekirk