Cheffley chickens

Started by madharry, December 05, 2018, 03:11:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madharry

At the Eurospoor show in the Netherlands recently ! was intrigued by a diorama which had moving pecking chickens.
It was explained to me that it was by german manufacturer Viessmann. I could not find one at the show so I ordered one on Ebay.
On Cheffley there is a farm yard with the farmer's wife feeding some chickens. I thought this novelty would be a perfect upgrade.
Here is the original scene on Cheffley. The Viessmann box - part 1528 Huhnerfof bewegt.
The last picture shows the display which I will fit to Cheffley. At a flick of a switch a magnet circles below the surface of the chickens which makes their heads bob up and down as if they are pecking at feed on the ground.
Stupid I know but it lightens the mood at the moment...............
Mike :)

ACL1504

Mike,

Not stupid at all. I've seen this feature on another layout and it really is an eye catcher.

Did you see the one with the "boinking couple"?

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Rail and Tie

Mike, the chickens are really cool. I like any animations on a layout. The more the better for an eye catching feature.

However, I would have probably gone with this one.... My humor is different!!

Darryl Jacobs
Inter-Action Hobbies
www.interactionhobbies.com

GPdemayo

Quote from: Rail and Tie on December 05, 2018, 04:31:01 PM

Mike, the chickens are really cool. I like any animations on a layout. The more the better for an eye catching feature.

Must be modeled after a guy with a young prostate..... ;D
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

PRR Modeler

Like Tom I have seen it in use and it's really neat.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

madharry

Quote from: GPdemayo on December 05, 2018, 04:47:25 PM

To model an old prostate is probably more of an engineering challenge. I notice the guy is wearing lederHOSEn.
Mike

madharry

Tom, the bonking couple is something of a cliche on the continent. British model train shows attract a lot of children so the most risque I feel I can get away with is Jimmy D's Topless Bar and the Burlesque Theatre.  At Eurospoor one layout had a couple engrossed behind some bushes being surprised by the cockolded husband who used a shotgun to punish the young man.........

Mike

GPdemayo

Quote from: madharry on December 06, 2018, 05:18:00 AM
Quote from: GPdemayo on December 05, 2018, 04:47:25 PM

To model an old prostate is probably more of an engineering challenge. I notice the guy is wearing lederHOSEn.
Mike

Good one Mike..... ;D ;D ;D
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL