Chuck Ellis’ Great Northwestern & Pacific

Started by LongHornCaddy, September 20, 2017, 12:32:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LongHornCaddy

I've got 100's of pictures of Chucks layout taken over the years and thought I'd share some here.  Chucks Great Northwestern & Pacific RR was leatured on an Alan Keller DVD (#52?).  He's got dozens and dozens of FSM kits in which more than half are scratch built.  He an incredible modeler.   The layout has some dust bat as we all know, cleaning can be tough as we get older.  This layout is YUGE!!  No doubt he'll have the layout in tip top shape for the Lone Star Region Convention in Austin next summer.

Here you go.......

rpdylan

great photos, thanks for sharing! some really nice weathering on those structures.
Bob C.

ACL1504

Leo,

Thanks for sharing this layout with us. I have Allen's video and it really shows how Chuck is an excellent modeler.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

MAP

Wow, what a great layout!  Thanks for posting the pics
Mark

tct855

Leo & Lorrie,
           Thanks for sharing the great pics.  I too (like so many other railroad nuts) have the whole collection of Allen's video/dvd's.  Yes he is an awesome modeler.  Just like you two.  Thanx Thom...

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

S&S RR

Great layout and pictures - thanks for sharing them with us. I have the George Keller video and have watched it many times for inspiration. There are sure some great modelers in Texas. ;)  We need to have another Narrow Gauge Convention there.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

S&S RR

Leo

Any chance you have more pictures of this great layout to share?  Doesn't hurt to ask - right? ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D
John Siekirk

LongHornCaddy

Quote from: S&S RR on October 14, 2017, 02:04:01 PM
Leo

Any chance you have more pictures of this great layout to share?  Doesn't hurt to ask - right? ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D

Yes sir!

I Love this structure!

ACL1504

Leo,

Thanks for all the Ellis pictures. The layout is indeed huge.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

S&S RR

Leo

Thank you very much - I'm sure glad I asked. I sure would like to see Chuck's layout.
John Siekirk

LongHornCaddy