FOS' Hollis Pest Control

Started by ACL1504, July 26, 2019, 05:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACL1504

I made the rear sub assembly side walls from the short piece i removed from the main walls.

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Original walls on top and new 6" scribed siding walls on bottom.

Continued in a few.

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I then determined where I wanted windows and the one door. I decided to use the door in the angled wall section. There are no other doors to the main structure at this time. I will add a door to the rear later.

The window openings were cut in and the windows fit in place.

Continued -

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Here is how the new Hollis Pest Control looks after some kit bashing.

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I'll cut in a rear door to the right. The rear sub assembly will fit on the rear to the left of the door.

Next comes bracing and a paint color decision.
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

PRR Modeler

Very nice Tom. May I suggest Tuscan Red? :o
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

jimmillho

Quote from: PRR Modeler on July 30, 2019, 05:51:26 PM

Curt, I am surprised that you did not suggest Penn Green. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Just kidding Tom, Superb job of making the building fit the existing lot.  Makes it a real life construction job for the Town of Tahope.

Jim

Mark Dalrymple

Looking good, Tom.

It will be interesting to see your creation against the original when finished.

Cheers, Mark.

MAP

Coming along nicely Tom!  It's great watching you tweak the original building to make it fit in your available space. 
Mark

Lynnb

This is another nice tall building , I find it to be a real art to put these laser cuts together, lots of bracing in just the right places and a bit more.
Ontario, Canada
The Great White North

My Layout Venture-> https://modelersforum.com/index.php?topic=6003.0

Jim Donovan

The posting gremlins keep stopping me from saying thanks for sharing the kit build. However plan to watch and learn,

Jim D
Holland & Odessa Railroad

ACL1504

Curt,

Thank you! NO, you may not.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: jimmillho on July 30, 2019, 06:52:00 PM

Curt, I am surprised that you did not suggest Penn Green. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Just kidding Tom, Superb job of making the building fit the existing lot.  Makes it a real life construction job for the Town of Tahope.

Jim

Jim,

Thank you as well. I have two other structures to be built for this area. Brunswick Green would be even worse!

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com