Mackenzie milling co - FSM kit 215

Started by EricQuebec, June 05, 2019, 06:54:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EricQuebec

Hi all,
I've finish last week the Mackenzie milling  FSM kit 215, but I was unable since the last upgrade to post anything on the forum. It seem that this problem was resolve, so here's a brief story of the assembly of this kit and a lot of pictures.
I've bought this kit there's few years ago after seeing the beautiful work that our friend John Siekirk made with it.
Unfortunately in the kit I've bought, some original casting were remplace by poor casting (the two chimney) and some are lack (some windows). So, I've scratchbuild all these pieces with Tichy windows, and some Monstermodel Brickwork. I keep the jordan vehicle for an other use, and scratchbuild the truck with some Home resin casting  (from my father) from wheelworks model, spare part from jordan model, some piece of evergreen styrene and B.E.S.T casting.
The scenery of this kit was very funny to do and I think contribue to a large part of the beauty of the model.
Here's the pictures

EricQuebec

EricQuebec

EricQuebec

EricQuebec

EricQuebec

That's all for today, too much problem to post
hope you enjoy
Eric

restocarp

Beautiful work, Eric. The detail, weathering, and general decrepit look is just wonderful.

Matt

rpdylan

wow Eric, just magnificent modeling!  I have this on the shelf and was eying it for my next build,, your post is timely for me!
Bob C.

Zephyrus52246

Dave K.

Exquisite modeling, Eric. Dilapidated is hard to do well...you nailed it.👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻 Perhaps you could comment on the water flowing from the pipes behind the wheel?

Oldguy

Bob Dye
Livin large on a pond

Dennis Bourey

Dennis Bourey
dpbourey@comcast.net

Lake's Region RR
(Happy Modeling)

fsmcollector67

9 Fingers Loren.....
"Watch out for that #11 Blade"

S&S RR

John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

S&S RR

Eric

Note on posting:   Most of my problems went a way when I sent lower resolution pictures to the forum.  The forum with the old server was lowering the resolution before they were stored in the gallery.  It looks like the new server software is asking us to input less than 4.77 M files.  This means you have to run even iPhone pictures through a preprocessor to get the size down. I'm using the software provided with Photos on my Apple devices. I hope this helps with your posting.  I love all the great work and pictures that you are posting.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad