The Atlantic and Southern Build Thread Continued, Part 3

Started by ACL1504, August 30, 2018, 03:27:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACL1504

Update on all the happenings on the A&S RR.

At first, I thought I had some critters in the attic that may have had a meal on my wiring. Turned out not to be the case.

By a process of elimination on what was happening, I determined that two of my circuit breakers had failed and fused together somewhat. My AC unit is on a separate 220 line and the wall wiring is on a 110 line. These two breakers are in the same sub panel and they did in fact fuse together. They were installed in the early 1990's.

I called a local electrician on Wednesday, he came out Thursday morning to determine the problem. He came back this morning and installed a new electrical sub panel for the train building.

I was correct in that the two circuit breakers were fried.

The wiring is now fixed and the AC works better than it has in a long time. I thought the AC unit was dead but it only acted per the amount of electricity it was receiving. Now it has a second lease on life and that saved me 1K for a new unit.

Here is my fired breakers.

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Since I had a two week summer flu bug and the train room wiring was amiss, I can now get back to building the empire.

All is well with my soul at this time.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

GPdemayo

Quote from: ACL1504 on July 26, 2019, 05:23:00 PM
Since I had a two week summer flu bug and the train room wiring was amiss, I can now get back to building the empire.

Tom ;D

Always good to hear..... :)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

ACL1504

Quote from: GPdemayo on July 26, 2019, 05:44:17 PM
Quote from: ACL1504 on July 26, 2019, 05:23:00 PM

Tom ;D

Always good to hear..... :)

Greg,

Yes, I'm very happy to be back building the empire.

Tom 8)
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Dennis Bourey

Dennis Bourey
dpbourey@comcast.net

Lake's Region RR
(Happy Modeling)

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

deemery

Good news, Tom.  Glad that breaker fusing didn't spark a fire!!

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

Janbouli

Quote from: deemery on July 26, 2019, 08:34:12 PM

dave
Ditto that , would hate to see anything bad happening to your layout , or anyone elses for that matter.
I love photo's, don't we all.

S&S RR

Tom

Good to hear you are back at it. I can't understand what caused them to fuse together. Lightning?  :o
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

ReadingBob

Whew!  I'm sure glad the damage was minimal and you're back in business without having to replace the A/C.  Looking forward to the Saturday report this week.  ;)
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

jimmillho

Quote from: ReadingBob on July 27, 2019, 11:39:21 AM
Whew!  I'm sure glad the damage was minimal and you're back in business without having to replace the A/C.  Looking forward to the Saturday report this week.  ;)

What Bob said.
Glad you are feeling better also.

Jim

Bruce Oberleitner

Ditto everyone else comments about your health and the AC/Electrical issues Tom.  Maybe a jolt from a can of Diet Pepsi will help.  God knows it can't hurt right?  Right?

;D ;D :o

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: PRR Modeler on July 26, 2019, 07:47:57 PM
I'm glad it wasn't worse Tom.

Curt,

Me too, when I figured out the problem, all power to the train room was turned off.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: deemery on July 26, 2019, 08:34:12 PM

dave

Dave,

Thank you, the breakers were literally fused together. I was very fortunate on this one.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com