The Empire

Started by Zephyrus52246, August 31, 2014, 03:58:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deemery

The prototype had locos that were subject to derailments, too.  The Pittsburg, Shawmut & Northern picked up some 2-10-0 when the Russians defaulted on payment to Baldwin.  Those were notorious for derailing on the PS&N track.  They called those "the damned Bolshies".

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

Zephyrus52246

After having this "placeholder" bridge in place 15 years, the real bridge is finally installed. Only the abutments are glued in place.  The bridge will need to be removed when I scenic this area.  Probably in another 15 years.   ::)   "Rail Defect Detector" Loco runs thru it nicely.

Jeff

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

GPdemayo

Looks grand Jeff..... 8)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

cuse

Very nice, Jeff! Thumbs up...John

S&S RR

It looks good you are making progress.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

jimmillho

I like it.......How come I can't find the "like button"

Jim

ACL1504

Jeff,

Nice job on the bridge install. It will be a great scene when finished.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

S&S RR

Jeff

What's new on the Empire?
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

Jerry

Nice looking bridge!!

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Zephyrus52246

Thanks, guys.  Funny you should ask, John about progress.  I added some basic landforms around the bridge area.  This is very rough.  You can see there will be a raised highway in the back.  I liked Tom's recent highway bridge build, I may do something similar.  There's a small road bridge to cover the hole where the track goes thru the backdrop.

Jeff

Zephyrus52246

I'm trying to get some basic forms in as most of the railroad roadbed is floating in space.  A derailment would mean the trains would fall to the floor in many places.  The area leaving the west end staging yard is one of the scariest areas, so I have been working on this over the last couple of weeks.   I have a temporary piece of fascia here, this area was designed to be a "Bellina Drop", where the fascia goes to the ceiling, so you can't look down the end of the peninsula. 

Jeff

Zephyrus52246

The next section will be a town area.  In theory I could have just put plywood down to cover this to start with, but I wasn't really sure what I was going to do here.  The front area (right side in the picture) has 1/2 inch gator foam over plywood, so I can build some FSM dioramas at the bench and add them to the area.  The back plywood town area is even with the roadbed.  There will be some switching in this area.  The grandkids will be here two weeks before Christmas, so I'm probably not going to do too much more for awhile as I need to clean the whole train area up.

Jeff

PRR Modeler

Very nice modeling Jeff.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

MAP

Looks great Jeff!  Good idea using the G-board.
Mark