CCK The Shoppe's on Concord Street

Started by Vilius, August 04, 2016, 09:48:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vilius

I have been working on the Shoppes for a few weeks now. It is my lunch break project so the progress is steady but slow. I only get 40-45 minutes per day Mon through Fri. Bellow is the picture of the walls of the shop A I took few days ago. Currently I am installing the window "glass".

Vilius

Janbouli

looking good , great matte finish on those greens, did you dust them with an airbrush?
I love photo's, don't we all.

jlgrove

..thanks Vilius...when Vilius gets done with these, this kit will be retooled and re-released with his suggestions... 8) 8)

ACL1504

Villius,

Great job and the colors are perfect. What colors did you use?

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Vilius

Thank you, everyone.

I didn't use the airbrush. I dry brushed light green on top of dark green. I used regular craft paints. Avocado for the dark green. Wedgwood Green for the light green. Lemonade for the yellow. I can't tell you the brands at the moment but I have them written down.

Vilius

ger deguelle

jimmillho

postalkarl

Hi vilius:

Looks great. Whose kit is it?

karl

ReadingBob

Vilius,

Great start!  Looks terrific so far!

Karl,

This is one of Groovy Jeff's (Carolina Craftsman Kits) products.  He created these based on a photo I posted to the forum a while back of two little shops in downtown St. Clair, PA.

Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

Vilius

Thank you, everyone, for checking out my thread.

While I was typing Bob answered the question. I am adding the link then :). It is http://carolinacraftsmankits.com

Vilius

Dave K.

I was going to compliment you on your dry-brushing of the storefront. Others noticed it as well. This is a nice kit...I built it for the club back before I impeached myself. Looking forward to more progress pix! 👍🏻

MAP

Looking good Villius!  I"ll be watching your build.  I really like Jeff's kits.
Mark

Janbouli

Thanks for explaining the colors , really like it.
I love photo's, don't we all.

postalkarl

Hi Bob:

Thanks for the answer on the kit manufacturer. Like the photo you posted also.

Karl

MASIGMON

I have been following along this build.  I like the photo of the 1:1 structure.  If you look at the brick front of the center building & the building to the left with the LT Blue Trim both structures are using a "Shingle Type Brick".  The structure on the left has real brick.  The the structure on the right you can see some of the "Shingle Brick" coming away on the sides of the structure.  I wonder if the black tar "mess" on the center structure is to stop leaks because the Red Brick Shingles are starting to leak
Thanks for posting the photo

Mike Sigmon
Jacksonville, FL