FOS Red Hook Office freebie

Started by Vilius, September 15, 2015, 09:01:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vilius

The plan was to get my modeling room in the new house set up and ready by now. It so happened that someone put a nail in the main feed coax. Luckily I had one line going into the modeling room with the connector being very close to the place where the main feed comes out of the wall. All it took was longer outside cable and a hole in the wall but it completely ruined my plans to get back to the full speed modeling this week.
I couldn't keep myself from building something during the move so I started a small project. FOS Red Hook Office was just the kind of project I needed. In the past I have modified all Doug's freebies I have built in some way. I didn't want the tradition to stop so this build isn't an exception. I replaced the front wall with shingled one. To do that I had to cut new one from chipboard and glue shingles on it. I couldn't use the original because the thickness would have changed and I would have had to make too many adjustments to the other parts. I also added back door that I cut out of laserboard to match the one in the front. Few other changes are coming as well.

Vilius

tom.boyd.125

Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

deemery

Great job on the shingles, that's a hard color/shading/tone to get right.

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

Vilius

Thank you, guys. The shingles are actually made by Bar Mills and I just made few streaks with oil wash.

Vilius

postalkarl

Hi vilius:

Looks great. I like your shingles. Nice weathering.

Karl

Vilius

Karl,

Thank you. I haven't made much progress since the last post since I am trying to get another project finished by the end of this month.

Vilius

NEMMRRC

Good job!

Fos' freebies are neat.

Jaime

ACL1504

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Vilius

Jaime and Tom,

Thank you. I agree. The freebies are a lot of fun.

Vilius

postalkarl

Hi Villius:

Yeah you'll get back to it. Looks like the 2nd floor windows need to  be finsihed up.

Karl