The Atlantic and Southern Build Thread Continued, Part 3

Started by ACL1504, August 30, 2018, 03:27:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACL1504

Quote from: MAP on June 14, 2019, 06:46:29 AM
Nice.  Very nice!

Mark,

Thank you for the kind words. Your visit is getting close.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: NKP768 on June 14, 2019, 08:48:41 AM
Nice looking work Tom

Doug

Doug,

Thank you very much for the compliment, much appreciated.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: postalkarl on June 14, 2019, 12:09:38 PM
Hey Tom:

You are moving right along. Keep the photos coming.

Karl

Karl,

Thanks buddy, much appreciated. The pictures will continue for some time.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I got in10 hours today so the day was very productive.

All third level Tortoise switch motors are installed not counting the third level center isle. I still have three signals to install. All the signal wiring is complete, I just need to solder them to the blue connectors on the switch motors.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Dennis Bourey

Tom, Sound's like you were a busy RR Engineer? :)
Dennis
Dennis Bourey
dpbourey@comcast.net

Lake's Region RR
(Happy Modeling)

Bruce Oberleitner

Quote from: ACL1504 on June 12, 2019, 01:16:25 PM
Quote from: Bruce Oberleitner on June 09, 2019, 01:40:54 PM
Looking good Tom!  Lad to see you back at after the short vacation.

;D ;D :o

Cousin Brucie,

Thank you, appreciate you stopping by. I'm back at it 6-8 hours+ a day now.

Tom ;D

6-8 hours a day!  Wow, that's amazing.  Why do I sense that your high energy level is returning now that you started drinking "Diet Pepsi" again.  Just saying.

Bruce Oberleitner

Hey Tom,
I noticed that you are using LED Strip lights on your railroad.  A buddy of mine at work is planning on using them on his N-scale project but has had a tough time finding "Solid" information on the strips.  Did you talk about those in a past thread?  If not could you provide some information on which strips you used and why.  Also, did you have any problems with the connectors that are used to put two strips together.  Thanks in advance.

;D ;D ;D

ACL1504

Quote from: DennisBourey on June 14, 2019, 07:24:42 PM
Tom, Sound's like you were a busy RR Engineer? :)
Dennis

Dennis,

Yes, very busy most of the past few days. I appreciate you stopping in for a look see.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: Bruce Oberleitner on June 15, 2019, 12:00:48 PM
Hey Tom,
I noticed that you are using LED Strip lights on your railroad.  A buddy of mine at work is planning on using them on his N-scale project but has had a tough time finding "Solid" information on the strips.  Did you talk about those in a past thread?  If not could you provide some information on which strips you used and why.  Also, did you have any problems with the connectors that are used to put two strips together.  Thanks in advance.

;D ;D ;D

Cousin Brucie,

I have to admit that I do some of my best work under the influence of my favorite libation, Ice Cold Diet Pepsi. I have cut way bock on the DPs and am down to two per day.  I'll have a few swigs and then set it aside. I get working and when I grab it again its warm. I put it back in the frig and grab another cold one. It's not unusual for me to drink off and on from 5-6 different bottles, but only two empties per day and most of the time not even that. I've been drinking two bottles of water to every one DP.

The LED install and discussion starts at the bottom of page 125 of the A&S build thread, Part 2 thread. It goes through page 138, I think.

http://www.modelersforum.com/index.php?topic=2807.1860

I'm not sure the same LEDs are still available from my Ebay source, but there are a ton available on Ebay.

I also cover how I wired them and that info can also be found between pages 125 and 138.

Hope this helps.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Bruce Oberleitner

Thanks for the info on the LED strip lights Tom.  I will pass it on. 

I ended up using florescent lights on my RR as LED strips were not really a thing for RR lighting back when I built my railroad.  The layout is roughly 21X14 and has 14 tubes.  When we first turned them on with no valences in place, my friend Bruce McCosh remarked "Who turned on the airport lights".

Hehe

:o :o :o

MAP

Quote from: ACL1504 on June 14, 2019, 05:35:49 PM
Nice.  Very nice!

Mark,

Tom ;D
My son and I are really looking forward to it!!
Mark

ACL1504

Quote from: Bruce Oberleitner on June 16, 2019, 10:26:27 AM
Thanks for the info on the LED strip lights Tom.  I will pass it on. 

I ended up using florescent lights on my RR as LED strips were not really a thing for RR lighting back when I built my railroad.  The layout is roughly 21X14 and has 14 tubes.  When we first turned them on with no valences in place, my friend Bruce McCosh remarked "Who turned on the airport lights".

Hehe

:o :o :o

Cousin Brucie,

You are very welcome and I was happy to help.

My layout room has flourescent lights on top which are set at a 45 degree angle, behind the valances. The light reflects off the high gloss white ceiling, creating an ambient light effect.

The second level is where I have the LED lighting and the effect is very impressive.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: MAP on June 17, 2019, 07:29:28 AM
Quote from: ACL1504 on June 14, 2019, 05:35:49 PM
Nice.  Very nice!

Mark,

Tom ;D
My son and I are really looking forward to it!!

Mark,

I'm very much looking forward to meeting you both. I'm glad you get to see the layout in person.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

The Summit Yard is now complete. The mainline has five Tortoise turnouts wired and working. As mentioned in prior posts, these turnouts control the signals. The yard has 15 turnouts controlled by push/pull knobs.

Here is an overview view of the yard area, mainline and a portion of the spur for the industrial flats.

Looking south -

The two tracks on the right are icing platform tracks. More on this later in the thread.

More in a few.
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

This is the south end of Summit Yard.

L to R - Mainline, yard lead and caboose track.

More in a few.
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com