The Atlantic and Southern Build Thread Continued, Part 3

Started by ACL1504, August 30, 2018, 03:27:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACL1504

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

jerryrbeach

Tom,

I love the way you continued the same road from the other side of the aisle. Great way to have continuity on your layout.  I do not remember ever seeing that done before.  My hat is way off to you!
Jerry

PRR Modeler

Beautiful job on the roads. It always amazes me how you always get the cuts exactly right.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

ACL1504

Quote from: jerryrbeach on September 20, 2019, 04:27:46 PM
Tom,

I love the way you continued the same road from the other side of the aisle. Great way to have continuity on your layout.  I do not remember ever seeing that done before.  My hat is way off to you!

Jerry,

Thank you for the kind compliment. I was able to do this on three of my roads. Two were close but just not there. I'm not sure I've seen this done either but then not sure what I had for dinner last night. 8) 8)

Tom  ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: PRR Modeler on September 20, 2019, 06:06:45 PM
Beautiful job on the roads. It always amazes me how you always get the cuts exactly right.

Curt,

Thank you, much appreciate the comment. It's like painting by the numbers, just cut along the line you drew. Just don't look at my wasted cardboard pile. :P :P

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: GPdemayo on September 21, 2019, 09:03:09 AM
Looking good Tom..... 8)

Greg,

Thank you, oh wait, you are probably talking about the layout. :-[ :-[

Tom  ;)
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I've been busy with the roads and wooden grade crossings. I have many photos but at this point I'm to tired to crop, add, load and post them to the A&S RR thread.

Hopefully tomorrow.
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
Longwood, FL

ACL1504

This morning while finishing the roads, I became a six time winner of the #11 award.

I took a slice off the end of my right forefinger. No need to show a photo as I'm sure ya'll get the picture.

I dumped a bunch of pepper on the cut to stop the bleeding and then added a pressure bandage. After six hours it finally stopped throbbing.

Also, when I cropped the latest batch of photos, I noticed several, about 14, were the same except maybe the angle was about an inch off to the side. Basically, the same photo so those were sent to the cutting room floor. 8)  I see no need to add the same photo from an inch different angle.
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Let me back up here a little. In order for the main highway to fit, I needed to trim the dirt road back a little.

More in a few.
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

For my easy "how to lay a road on curved track" refer to page 150 of part 1 - about half way down.

http://www.modelersforum.com/index.php?topic=53.2235
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I cut and glued the road in place on the other side of the track.

I'll need to finish this another day. I can't type very efficiently with this bandage and the finger is starting to throb again.
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
Longwood, FL

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com