Twin Mountain Barge & Navigation RR

Started by Opa George, October 04, 2020, 11:20:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GPdemayo

Bet the kids were having a ball.....atta boy Grandpa.  8)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

Opa George

Thanks much, Darryl, Karl and Greg,

It's got to be a very personal and individual decision for everyone, but for me, downsizing to a layout I could get significantly scenicked and 100% operating in a short amount of time was the best choice.  I also lowered the base level to 36 inches so the little guys could view it at their eye level.

The middle portion is really the only part still in flux. That is reserved for the FOS Rust Rock Falls super kit, which I intend to start soon (and will post a build thread).  Once I see how that fits in, I will be able to finish basic scenery over the rest of the layout by next winter.

So for now, it's play time.  The little guys are coming over tomorrow, and I just got my Broadway Limited operating water tower hooked up again. They love that thing.

--Opa George

Zephyrus52246

Glad to hear the kids are enjoying your layout as much as you are.

Jeff

postalkarl

Hey George:

You are quite welcome.

Karl

ACL1504

George,

I love this layout. All the bright colors and different structures are amazing to view. All that is missing are the persons of Popeye and Olive Oil.

Tom  ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Opa George

Quote from: ACL1504 on April 04, 2021, 08:24:02 PM
George,

I love this layout. All the bright colors and different structures are amazing to view. All that is missing are the persons of Popeye and Olive Oil.

Tom  ;D

Interesting you should say that, Tom!   Popeye and Sweethaven are one of my inspirations.

Opa George

tom.boyd.125

George,
Glad your can share the hobby with those grand kids.
It's all about having fun. The layout looks great too.
Tommy
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

nycjeff

Hello George, when looking at your layout photos, I kept thinking that they looked familiar. Now that you said that the town from the Popeye movie was your inspiration, I totally get it, You're doing a great job and I love that you and your grandkids are enjoying it together.   Jeff
Jeff Firestone
Morristown, Arizona
modeling the New York Central in rural Ohio in the late 1940's