FOS' Hollis Pest Control

Started by ACL1504, July 26, 2019, 05:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jerryrbeach

Tom,

I really like this structure; the smaller footprint and the nicely faded two tone paint make it special!
Jerry

postalkarl

Hey tom:

You are moving right along. Looks just beautiful so far.

Karl

Opa George

I'm getting caught up, Tom, and really like how this is turning out.  Nice wall colors and signage.
--George

ACL1504

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: jimmillho on August 10, 2019, 11:07:41 PM
Looks great Tom, sorry I missed it.

im

Butty Jim,

Thank you very much. I know you and Claire have been a little busy lately. You are always welcome here, anytime.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: JimF on August 11, 2019, 06:33:55 AM
Tom,

When I mentioned the windows in mt previous post, I was meaning the way you did the coloring.

I've used Canopy Glue for the older glass look, before. For the FOS Pressman Radio kit I did, I tried Elmer's Clear Glue, and got the same effect.

Cheaper, if one is at the point that one needs a new bottle of CG, and a lot more readily available, locally.

As for your build, I'm really liking the structure. May have to find a side street or back alley location for a exterminator business.

Jim

Jim,

Okay, I'm with the program now. For some reason I was stuck on the appearance of the glass. Now it makes sense. The dipping of the windows in the A&I when still tacky was just a thought at the moment - luckily it worked out.

The pest control is going to sit next to the river so they can violate all the OSHA regulations. Oh wait, there was no OSHA in the early 50's. 8) 8)

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: jerryrbeach on August 11, 2019, 07:38:37 PM
Tom,

I really like this structure; the smaller footprint and the nicely faded two tone paint make it special!

Jerry,

Thank you for the kind words. I usually like to "tweak" my structures if possible and it also gives me a different look than the original kit.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: postalkarl on August 12, 2019, 01:15:43 PM
Hey tom:

You are moving right along. Looks just beautiful so far.

Karl

Karl,

Thanks buddy, much appreciated.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: Opa George on August 14, 2019, 05:45:37 AM
I'm getting caught up, Tom, and really like how this is turning out.  Nice wall colors and signage.
--George

George,

Thank you, much appreciate the kind words and support. This color combo turned out better than expected.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

When building a structure I try to come up with something different than the original model.  I guess changing a model from the original floor plan is a means to an end. In this case, the means to an end is more work for me. Not sure why I do this to myself.

I decided to have the bay door open with a concrete floor.

I cut a piece of 1/16" thick board for the bay floor. For it to fit, I had to cut 1/16" off the bottom of each vertical wall brace.

More in a few.
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Now I have a nice tight floor fit.

I marked where the vertical wall braces were located using a sharp pencil. I then glued scale 10X10s to the outside edge and between the vertical posts marks.

I painted the floor with full strength Floquil Aged Concrete.

Continued -
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Top view looking down -

Inside view of the bay/garage area.

Great, now I need to cut some interior walls.  ??? ???
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

jerryrbeach

Tom,

I often make myself more "work' by modeling an interior, usually asking myself why I didn't build it according to the instructions and leave the doors closed.  I read somewhere that adding an interior to even a few structures leads visitors to think most buildings have an interior.  I'm looking forward to what you do with this one.
Jerry

ACL1504

Quote from: jerryrbeach on August 14, 2019, 08:17:46 PM
Tom,

I often make myself more "work' by modeling an interior, usually asking myself why I didn't build it according to the instructions and leave the doors closed.  I read somewhere that adding an interior to even a few structures leads visitors to think most buildings have an interior.  I'm looking forward to what you do with this one.

Jerry,

Thanks for stopping by and posting your thoughts. I'm almost done with the interior but still need to all lights and garage details.

Hopefully some photos tomorrow.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com