FOS' Hollis Pest Control

Started by ACL1504, July 26, 2019, 05:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReadingBob

Looks great Tom!  Keep up the good work.  Can't wait to see it planted in its new home.   :D
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

ACL1504

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: Bruce Oberleitner on August 08, 2019, 09:30:13 PM
Looking good Uncle Tommy.  Should be a great addition to the railroad.

Drink a Diet Pepsi on me!

;D ;D ::)

Cousin Brucie,

Thank you my friend, I'm having a Diet Pepsi as I type this. :o

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: sdrees on August 08, 2019, 10:35:43 PM
the sign turned out looking very well Tom!

Steve,

Thank you, much appreciated.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: JimF on August 09, 2019, 06:55:48 AM
Looks really great, the really cool effect with the windows.

Jim

Jim,

Thank you, I used Canopy glue for the window glass. It does dry the way it looks, like old glass.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: postalkarl on August 09, 2019, 07:23:12 AM
Hey Tom:

Wow walls are looking just beautiful. Keep the pics coming.

Karl

Karl,

Thank you kind sir, much appreciate you stopping by. More pictures are on the way.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: jrmueller on August 09, 2019, 10:28:48 AM
Structure projects looking great!  Jim

Jim,

Thank you also, I appreciate the support.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: ReadingBob on August 09, 2019, 03:16:00 PM
Looks great Tom!  Keep up the good work.  Can't wait to see it planted in its new home.   :D

Bob,

Thank you Butty, most appreciated. Good seeing you today.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I added the fifth wall section. It was critical for this wall to be level. The pencil mark showing the gable angle matches the outer gabled wall section.

Yes, it is level.

The rear sub assembly was glued in place when the fifth wall section was dry.

More in a few.

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

The small office section (on the right) was then glued in place.

The angled office wall section won't be glued in place until I make a roof card for it. The angled wall section is just placed up against the main structure.

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

S&S RR

John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

jimmillho

Looks great Tom, sorry I missed it.

im

JimF

Tom,

When I mentioned the windows in mt previous post, I was meaning the way you did the coloring.

I've used Canopy Glue for the older glass look, before. For the FOS Pressman Radio kit I did, I tried Elmer's Clear Glue, and got the same effect.

Cheaper, if one is at the point that one needs a new bottle of CG, and a lot more readily available, locally.

As for your build, I'm really liking the structure. May have to find a side street or back alley location for a exterminator business.

Jim