The M-K & Eastern RR, a layout made of dioramas, sort of....

Started by Graffen, May 18, 2017, 10:30:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

S&S RR

Graffen

I just got caught up with your build thread.  You are making great progress and your work is wonderful. I'm really enjoying watching your progress.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

Graffen

Some more progress on my layout.
The tracks are getting ready to be ballasted. 😀
I'll use crushed chamotte that I'll stain to the colors I like.
Just have to do some painting first.... And add feeder wires where needed.

https://youtu.be/JYtm-BeeMx4

Graffen

https://youtu.be/FFFUjBlHnA0
The track laying continues, I have only 12' of dual gauge tracks left to do.... :o

Graffen

Hi all, here's my latest HO build, a car shop I made from a Campbell Seebold and sons kit.

Just some lights left to install.

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

Rollin

Excellent work. I'm so impressed by the way you adapted this model from the original. It really belongs to the landscape, when we often just PLOP a structure down on our layouts. Compare with the original:

Janbouli

I love photo's, don't we all.

MAP

Mark

Graffen

Thanks!  :)
I just started on a LaBelle HOn3 boxcar kit.

I have just a few more details to add before painting it.

I even added the locking planks on the turnbuckles.

I like these kits!

Opa George

Graffen, really fine work on the boxcar and the car shop. I like your modification of the structure to gain the height needed--adds so much visual interest.
--George

swisstrain

Really nice build, and I like the additional little detail added with the locking planks.

I agree with Graffen, I love building these kits too.  I have quite a stash of LaBelle and Android to assemble.  I realize that there are "better" kits today in terms of details, but the facts that I can assemble a car in essence from a few wood sheets and sticks with a few cast detail parts added makes it worth the while every time.  Also, availability of 36' and 34' cars is somewhat limited from other sources.  I even love running the finished cars on my layout very unprototypically unpainted for a while to admire the finished wood construction.

Looking forward to seeing some pictures of the finished car!

Urs

Graffen

Thanks!
Painted and decaled my latest boxcar.
I had a little mishap... I was going to add the handbrake chain, and I took a piece out of the box and soldered it in place.
Then I realized that it was the wrong kind of link!
I had taken a piece of an old gold chain....
Well, it is probably worth more than the kit...

The decals are dry transfers from Woodland scenics and some old ones I had in a box.

Started the weathering. I begin by painting flaked paint, i.e. paint on grayish wood color.

The markings are for one of my mines on my layout; the Yvon Gold Mining company.  Named after my late mother.
Because there is genuine gold on the car, it suits it well.  My mother would had loved this one.   :)

Janbouli

I love photo's, don't we all.

postalkarl