Building HO Scale SA Style Signals

Started by DACS, February 03, 2019, 06:31:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zephyrus52246

I'm always impressed by you folks who can scratchbuild stuff like this.  Nice work.

Jeff

Dennis Bourey

Dennis Bourey
dpbourey@comcast.net

Lake's Region RR
(Happy Modeling)

postalkarl

Hey Dacs:

Wow!!!! They are really nice.

Karl

DACS

Thanks for all the compliments guys. I still have to show in the thread how I put the wires in the tube how I mount the LEDs to the wires how I make the hood and then assemble that part. Then add it to the Mast and The Shield.

Right now the layout is in the planning stages we have the space which is 15ft wide by 32 ft long.  We have to finish out the room itself we have to build 2 walls and then finish it inside and out on all four. we have to have it wired for electrical.  Plenty of wall outlets and overhead lighting .
I'm planning on taking still shots of progress and videos
We have two issues with our space it has a very low ceiling about 7'.  That means all of our lighting will have to be recessed. We plan on having several outlets for electrical around the base of the layout against the wall. And we have to post that are off center. Those will create a problem as far as how the layoffs going to have to be placed in the room.

So far it's a no named Railroad it will be completely freelanced. It will follow prototypical practices but not any particular Railroad

Dave
Seattle
I am never having another birthday.  The candles for the cake are starting to cost too much!

jbvb

I'm satisfied with the mix of single 4' daylight T-8 fluorescent tubes and 5K LED strips I use for my layout lighting. The part of my attic ceiling where the the lights are mounted is about 76" above the floor.  The strips I got are diffused internally, so I don't get the 'hundreds of dots of light reflected off each railhead' problem I've seen with a couple of LED lit layouts.  Every layout I've visited using recessed fixtures has a problem with hot spots and dim spots.
James

DACS

The recessed lighting is only going to be over the walk areas. There will be valance lighting that you won't see other than the light pitched onto actual layout. That will be diffused blue white and yellow.  All the valance lighting will be on Dim control.

Dave
Seattle
I am never having another birthday.  The candles for the cake are starting to cost too much!