R. T. HARDING MINING CO. O-SCALE CYANIDE MILL

Started by Jerry, January 17, 2014, 05:02:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerry

Using plans from Western Scale Models Book "Modeling the Mining Industry: Gold and Silver Stamp Mills by Bill Gustafson, and information I found in the NG&SLG article by Dave Clune,I decided to build an O-Scale Cyanide Mill.

First I did a cardboard mock-up to see if it would fit in the area intended. Modifications will be necessary to finish the whole diorama.

Comments are always welcomed.

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Jerry

An no I didn't build this wall that quick just took some time to get organized.

This is the first wall framed. The wood has been stained with Dr. Ben's Hardwood Maple with a 1/4 tsp of Brown India Ink then diluted with 8oz of alcohol.

Jerry

Thanks Barry for looking.
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

barrymk

That is going to be one massive structure.  With my hands and eyes getting older, I'd love to work in O but just can't get my eye in or get a feel for it, I'm locked into 3.5mm.  Mind you I'd only have room for a station in my little loft.

jerseymercantile

Looks nice Jerry.  :)
I'll be following this build.
Jack

ReadingBob

That's quite a project.   :D  Great start.  I'll be following along too!
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

Jerry

Barry, Jack & Bob.  Thanks for looking in.  I hope you guys follow along.

Jerry

Bntrainmaster

Jerry,
It is a great start and I will be following along. Looks very interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Jerry

ak-milw

Nice job on the framed wall, I always liked the look of those.

8)

Jerry

Thanks for looking Andy it's appreciated.

Jerry

PHQRR

Great looking and interesting project!  I'll be sure to follow along.

Jerry

Thanks Al.  Glad to have you on board.

Jerry

Jerry

I finish the other side wall finally.

I still haven't found the color for the siding yet so that is on hold.

Next is the two back walls and a front wall.

Comments are always welcome. And thanks for looking.

Jerry

cuse

Wow...even your tools scare me  ???

Great project!

John