The Atlantic and Southern Build Thread Continued, Part 3

Started by ACL1504, August 30, 2018, 03:27:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tct855

ACL 1504,
              I must say after looking at real railroad wiring all day on locomotives and wayside equipment boxes, then relaxing with your build wiring pics here on this thread.  I must say I see almost no difference, you must have had some real railroad wiring experience sometime in your life eagh.  Very good work my friend.  I'm gonna show some of this pics to my boss and say to him "we need to hire this guy a.s.a.p.".  Now, you know the rest, of the story!  KP-out...

Mark Dalrymple

ACL1504

Quote from: tct855 on August 08, 2019, 10:52:50 AM
ACL 1504,
              I must say after looking at real railroad wiring all day on locomotives and wayside equipment boxes, then relaxing with your build wiring pics here on this thread.  I must say I see almost no difference, you must have had some real railroad wiring experience sometime in your life eagh.  Very good work my friend.  I'm gonna show some of this pics to my boss and say to him "we need to hire this guy a.s.a.p.".  Now, you know the rest, of the story!  KP-out...

Thom,

Thank you for the support. I don't think my wiring is all that neat but it is functional.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: mark dalrymple on August 08, 2019, 02:54:02 PM
Very impressive, Tom.

Cheers, Mark.

Mark,

Thank you. By my own admission, it could be a little neater.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

As I mentioned in a previous post, I've been working on a few structures for the South Tahope area.

Here is where I plan to place Whalen Apiaries. The scenery and road will have to be slightly moved but it will work.

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

This structure won't have any interior or interior lights so the walls weren't painted black.  There will be two LED lights. One over the office door and one under the bay door canopy (not yet in place)

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Hollis Pest Control will be place on the south side of the Big Tahope River.

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

S&S RR

It is going to look real nice there Tom. I like the idea of selective interior lighting - it can be overdone.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

postalkarl

Hey Tom:

Looks like those two guys have a home on the layout. Can't wait to see um finished with scenery in place.

Karl

ACL1504

Quote from: S&S RR on August 10, 2019, 08:03:22 PM
It is going to look real nice there Tom. I like the idea of selective interior lighting - it can be overdone.

John,

Thanks, I agree. There will be 14 structures in this area just south of the river. Eleven are already in place, two are under construction and one is yet to be scratch built.

Lighting is my least favorite part of any build but I can't argue with the results.

Tom  ;D

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: postalkarl on August 12, 2019, 01:18:43 PM
Hey Tom:

Looks like those two guys have a home on the layout. Can't wait to see um finished with scenery in place.

Karl

Karl,

I believe these two will fit in perfectly. I still have one to scratch build. It will be a scratch/kit bash of FSM Fox Run Milling.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com