Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

S&S RR

John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

jerryrbeach

John,

Kudos for your awesome controls and beautiful oak cabinets and trim.  Wiring is my least favorite part of the hobby, better you than me planning and wiring these panels.
Jerry

S&S RR

Quote from: jerryrbeach on September 16, 2019, 08:41:26 AM
John,

Kudos for your awesome controls and beautiful oak cabinets and trim.  Wiring is my least favorite part of the hobby, better you than me planning and wiring these panels.

Jerry

Thank you for the kind words.  Wiring is not my favorite part of the hobby, either.  Especially when I spend hours finding a short.  Yesterday, I had a short that I thought was in the new section that I'm wiring - but it turned out to be a passenger car on the old part of the layout. :-[
John Siekirk

ACL1504

John,

It all looks just fantastic. The control yard panels are wonderful. Great stuff my friend.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

S&S RR

Quote from: ACL1504 on September 16, 2019, 03:34:53 PM
John,

It all looks just fantastic. The control yard panels are wonderful. Great stuff my friend.

Tom ;D

Tom

Thank you for the kind words.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Today, was a very special day on the Superior & Seattle Railroad.  Wayne Olson returned to help me work on the layout after almost 5 months.  He is recovering from a broken hip and femur from a fall from a ladder.  I left everything in place where he was working on painting some rock work last may.  I think he got a kick out of it all being there waiting for him.  Anyway, good to have you back Wayne.  I solved a shorting problem that I was having yesterday and made some more progress on the wiring.
John Siekirk

postalkarl

Hey John:

Everything you do to the layout is just fantastic. I love the pictures. Sorry to hear about your friend. Hope he is feeling better.

Karl

S&S RR

Quote from: postalkarl on September 17, 2019, 07:47:06 AM
Hey John:

Everything you do to the layout is just fantastic. I love the pictures. Sorry to hear about your friend. Hope he is feeling better.

Karl

Karl

Thank you my friend.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

I found a great place to mount the frog juicer control panels under the layout.  The cabinets under the main control panels are sink base cabinets with "pop off" panels on the front.  So I'm mounting the juicer panels so they can be seen for maintenance or trouble shooting by "popping off"  the cabinet panels.  I have two mounted so far.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

The area up under the control panels is sure getting full of wires.  I will take a picture when everything is in and hooked up.
John Siekirk

jerryrbeach

John,

Not only is the oak cabinetry beautiful, the pop off panels is a great idea that anyone can use on their layout.  Thanks for sharing.
Jerry

cuse

Very Very cool. The pop-off panels are just another level of clever. Seriously museum-grade top to bottom!

I will be in St. Louis-no matter what! ;)

John

S&S RR

Quote from: jerryrbeach on September 20, 2019, 06:31:27 AM
John,

Not only is the oak cabinetry beautiful, the pop off panels is a great idea that anyone can use on their layout.  Thanks for sharing.

Jerry

Thank you for the kind words.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Quote from: cuse on September 20, 2019, 12:42:14 PM
Very Very cool. The pop-off panels are just another level of clever. Seriously museum-grade top to bottom!

I will be in St. Louis-no matter what! ;)

John

John

Thank you for the kind words. I hope to see you in St. Louis.
John Siekirk