FSM JS7 Houligan's Alley

Started by postalkarl, September 18, 2019, 01:25:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

postalkarl

Hi Ed & Mark:

Hey guys thanks for the compliments much appreciated. Mark it is actually grey.

Karl

postalkarl

Hi All:

Have been working on the R. J. Skoots & Son Co. Been working on the roof. The kit says to use a folded piece of paper for the ridge. Ad can be seen I decided to use separate cap shingles as on a real roof. One dormer is finished with one to go. then I will weather the roof.   Here's a photo.

Karl

Dennis Bourey

Dennis Bourey
dpbourey@comcast.net

Lake's Region RR
(Happy Modeling)

jerryrbeach

Karl,

I really like the building.  That ridge cap is so awesome.  I have tried to use individual shingles for a cap but have trouble getting them on straight.  My hat is definitely off to you!!!
Jerry

Opa George

I agree with Jerry--your work and patience in putting on cap shingles in fantastic.  Looks great, Karl.
--George

GPdemayo

Great job with the ridge shingles Karl..... 8)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

Jerry

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

postalkarl

Hey Dennis, Jerrybeach, Opa George, Greg, Jerry & Curt:

Wow Guys thanks for all the great compliments. They are very much appreciated.

Karl

postalkarl

Hi guys:

The R. J. Skoots main building if finished. On the the Fish Store add on. My friend Karl O pointed out to me the that there was a space under the cap shingles with a space that needed shingles. they have been added. Here's a photo of the finsished main structure.

Karl

ACL1504

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

S&S RR

John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

postalkarl

Hi Tom & John:

thanks guys for the grat compliments much appreciated.

karl

postalkarl

Hi Guys:

Finished the Skootz Fish Co. Skootz was one of George's cats. The sign on the roof does not come with the kit. It is A sign that George had and my friend George worked on it so I could use it on models. What better spot for it.

Karl

Opa George

Karl, great job on that structure and overall nice fit into the scene.  That sign you added is really nice.
--George