Small Town Station Scratch

Started by fsmcollector67, December 11, 2018, 12:51:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fsmcollector67

Quote from: sdrees on December 23, 2018, 05:27:14 PM
This is a neat project Loren.  Very nice!
Steve,
Thanks for the comment...

Loren...
9 Fingers Loren.....
"Watch out for that #11 Blade"

Opa George

Loren, I must add my voice to echo the others--very nice work!
--Opa George

fsmcollector67

Quote from: Opa George on December 24, 2018, 10:42:25 AM
Loren, I must add my voice to echo the others--very nice work!
--Opa George
George Thanks for the comment....

Loren...
9 Fingers Loren.....

fsmcollector67

Howdy All,
I made some more progress over the holidays. Yesterday, I scratched a semi replica of the train signal. (as close as it needs to be) It is mainly made of various plastic tube sizes. You can see the painted, and mounted piece on the second picture.
The main platform is complete, as well as the freight platform. The buildings are not glued down yet, and the canopy, is just sitting between the two structures. Today, I will be working on small details, like finials, and such.....
Thanks for taking a look....

Loren...
9 Fingers Loren.....

jerryrbeach

Loren,

This looks great!  Not only is the fit and finish first class, the small details you add like the eave troughs and gable trim really make your structure "pop".  Looking forward to seeing this totally complete.
Jerry

PRR Modeler

Beautiful job Loren. I especially focused on the platform since I need to build 3 very long ones for my container yard. What I currently have is crap.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

MAP

Looks great Loren!  You really do have a knack of coloring and finishing off the buildings.
Mark

fsmcollector67

Quote from: jerryrbeach on December 28, 2018, 03:08:46 PM

Loren,

This looks great!  Not only is the fit and finish first class, the small details you add like the eave troughs and gable trim really make your structure "pop".  Looking forward to seeing this totally complete.
Jerry,
Thanks for the comment....I just follow what details George always put into his kits....Even though I have never built an FSM kit....

Loren...
9 Fingers Loren.....

fsmcollector67

Quote from: PRR Modeler on December 28, 2018, 05:00:23 PM
Beautiful job Loren. I especially focused on the platform since I need to build 3 very long ones for my container yard. What I currently have is crap.
Curt,
Thanks for the comment...as you can imagine, the platform is a lot of work...132 boards for the top. lots of cutting, sanding, and dry brushing...but in the end it is worth the effort....

Loren...
9 Fingers Loren.....

fsmcollector67

Quote from: MAP on December 29, 2018, 08:27:07 AM
Looks great Loren!  You really do have a knack of coloring and finishing off the buildings.
Mark,
Thanks.....By the way, I started to grain the wood for the coal shed, and started some color tests on scrap wood...

Loren...
9 Fingers Loren.....

MAP

Mark

ACL1504

Loren,

Wow, it turned out fantastic. I like yours better than the FSM station

Just perfectly done sir.

I'm all thumbs up on this one.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

fsmcollector67

Quote from: ACL1504 on December 29, 2018, 02:44:33 PM
Loren,

Wow, it turned out fantastic. I like yours better than the FSM station

Just perfectly done sir.

I'm all thumbs up on this one.

Tom ;D
Tom,
Thanks for the comment....

Loren...
9 Fingers Loren.....

fsmcollector67

Howdy all,
Here are the final station pics. For those of you planning on attending the Springfield show, on either the 26th, or 27th, I am going to be giving this build away for FREE.  It will be at the show, at Jimmy's Booth. I will be posting The "HOW" you will be able to win this in a couple of days, so stay tuned.........Thanks for taking a look.....

Loren....
9 Fingers Loren.....

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision