Superior & Seattle Railroad Build (Volume 3) Started 7/27/19

Started by S&S RR, July 27, 2019, 08:44:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

S&S RR

Today, the walls went together for the building A assembly of Fox Run.

John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

S&S RR

I will be assembling each of the buildings as subassemblies and then putting everything together on the baseboard.  This build shares the baseboard with the foundry so I will be moving it from the layout back to the workbench for this process.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

If you look closely at the picture above you will see a glue bottle tipped up to get the last little bit of glue out.  How does a modeler run out of glue in the middle of a snow storm? :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[  I just ordered a gallon from Amazon - they say it will be here tomorrow.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

The walls for the additions to Fox Run are braced and stained.

The contrast between the light and dark areas of walls is enhanced by the fact that the walls are still wet when I took the picture.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

The walls for the A building, and tower, from George's instructions are assembled and ready for a roof.

John Siekirk

jerryrbeach

John,

Looking good, and that's an understatement.  I'm enjoying watching you build this.
Jerry

Jerry

A fine looking build so far John.  As always I'll be following along great adventure that it is!

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

S&S RR

Quote from: jerryrbeach on November 13, 2019, 08:44:58 AM
John,

Looking good, and that's an understatement.  I'm enjoying watching you build this.

Jerry
I'm glad to have you along on this journey and thank you for the kind words.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Quote from: Jerry on November 13, 2019, 12:31:01 PM
A fine looking build so far John.  As always I'll be following along great adventure that it is!

Jerry

Jerry

Thank you for following along and the kind words.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Update: I'm back working on the railroad this afternoon after a hunting and fishing trip up to the Northern Hqrts. of the S&S RR.  I came back with lots of "what ifs" to try on my current and future builds.  No shooter bucks this year but I had a great time with family and friends that I only get to see once or twice a year. So it's back to working on the railroad and it's another Saturday, as our good friend Tom says.
John Siekirk

MAP

Nice progress on the build John!  Nothing like a little fishing & hunting break to get those juices flowing for some more railroading!
Mark

S&S RR

Quote from: MAP on November 17, 2019, 09:51:56 AM
Nice progress on the build John!  Nothing like a little fishing & hunting break to get those juices flowing for some more railroading!

Mark

Thank you, and yes the fishing and hunting breaks do generate a lot of ideas. And I always come back eager to get back at the layout.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

I got some bench time in this afternoon.  Started adding the window and door castings, black interior paint, and signs to the smaller structures for Fox Run. Here is a picture with the Flour Sign added to the wall.

John Siekirk

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

ACL1504

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com