The Atlantic and Southern Build Thread Continued, Part 3

Started by ACL1504, August 30, 2018, 03:27:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACL1504

Quote from: cuse on November 13, 2019, 06:19:12 AM
That's going to be a great scene!

John

John,

Thank you and yes, I hope so. I already have been thinking of what small structure I can put at the river's edge and at the base of one wall. I think some rickety stairs from the top to the structure will be very interesting as well.

Tom  ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: ReadingBob on November 13, 2019, 09:05:54 AM
Can't wait to see the water flowing under those bridges!  Looks awesome so far!   :D

Bob,

Thanks, much appreciated. Whatever water flows in the river, rest assured it will be nasty. After all, it is the Big Tahope River.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: Bruce Oberleitner on November 13, 2019, 10:49:54 AM
Fantastic work Uncle Tommie. 

So looking at that scene, that looks like it's going to be one big water poor.  What sort of water method are you planning on using?  And don't tell me your just going to poor left over Diet Pepsi in there.  We all know that would be consider Diet Pepsi abuse.

::) ::) ::)

Cousin Brucie,

I haven't decided what I'll do as yet. It will either be a liquid pour like I did in the Suwannee River Lagoon using Magic Water/Unreal Details or just add some Mod Podge to the top of the painted river.

I've never even seen any left over Diet Pepsi. What's that? 8)

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: mark dalrymple on November 13, 2019, 01:21:34 PM
Looking good, Tom.

That curve in the road leading onto the bridge looks very natural.

Cheers, Mark.

Cheers Mark,

Thank you on both! I do agree the new angle of approach of the road to the bridge is much better than the first one. I guess mistakes can turn out for the better.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I've been gathering my supplies for starting new scenery in the area south of the river. I have sceney material in several different locations around the layout.  A smart man would have them all in one location.

Anyway, it took a few hours to get it all ready. Hopefully I can start in the next few days.
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Bruce Oberleitner

Mod podge does seem to give good results.  I plan on trying that the next time I do some water on a project. Looking forward to seeing which method you go with.

As for left over Diet Pepsi, I've only seen that at the homes of Diet Coke drinkers.  Poor misguided fellows.....

8) 8) 8)

postalkarl

Hey Tom:

the bridges are just beautiful. Can't wait to see the water and the rest of the scenery and buildings around it.

Karl

tct855

ACL 1504,
               To my wrinkly ass brother from Los, Florida I say this:  Your modeling skills and your layout are most adsurideatly pulchritudinous and statuesques in it's every evolving AS tale. Look forward to your next investiture on your layout.  KP-out...

NKP768

Using the ultimate drag racing compliment - "this is just bad ass Tom"

Doug

ACL1504

Quote from: Bruce Oberleitner on November 15, 2019, 11:33:32 PM
Mod podge does seem to give good results.  I plan on trying that the next time I do some water on a project. Looking forward to seeing which method you go with.

As for left over Diet Pepsi, I've only seen that at the homes of Diet Coke drinkers.  Poor misguided fellows.....

8) 8) 8)

Cousin Brucie,

Yes, it does and I like the results. On the Suwannee River Lagoon water. I applied the Mod Podge over the Magic Water.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: postalkarl on November 16, 2019, 09:08:28 AM
Hey Tom:

the bridges are just beautiful. Can't wait to see the water and the rest of the scenery and buildings around it.

Karl

Karl,

Thank you buddy, I'm quite ready to get back at the layout build as well.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: tct855 on November 17, 2019, 05:57:17 PM
ACL 1504,
               To my wrinkly ass brother from Los, Florida I say this:  Your modeling skills and your layout are most adsurideatly pulchritudinous and statuesques in it's every evolving AS tale. Look forward to your next investiture on your layout.  KP-out...

KP1,

I can't see my back side and I'm concerned you are looking. Anyway, thank you for the great compliment on the layout build. I'll be back in January.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: NKP768 on November 19, 2019, 09:26:19 AM
Using the ultimate drag racing compliment - "this is just bad ass Tom"

Doug

Doug,

Thank you as well for the great compliment, much appreciated.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Hey ya'll remember me? I've been absent for quite some time.

Honestly, I'd like to say I took a long break but that would less than the truth; however, it was a forced break not of my choosing. The truth is I've had house guests on and off since November 18. House guests really cut into the hobby time, family or not. I couldn't get any momentum going without some sort of interruption.

The good news is that they are now all gone bye-bye. I made the announcement that from now on, visitors are welcome for a maximum stay of three days and never again around the holidays.

So, I'll be back on the layout full time in January of next year. I'll see you then.

Tom  8)
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Janbouli

January ???? , I need my dose of Atlantic and Southern, can't do without that long  ;)
I love photo's, don't we all.