Open House 6-7-17

Started by Dave K., June 24, 2017, 07:23:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janbouli

Thank you Dave, there can never be too many photo's of George's layout.
I love photo's, don't we all.

Dave K.

My pleasure. My small contribution here makes me especially thankful for the time and effort John has put into his comprehensive, official "From the Air" thread.

jrmueller

I can't wait until my layout is finished so I can start fine tuning it. Good luck with that.  Jim
Jim Mueller
Superintendent(Retired)
Westchester and Boston Railroad

ACL1504

Dave,

I'm a little late to your photo party but I'm getting a great look.

Very nice job on your F&SM photo essay. Very well done. Thanks very much.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Dave K.

Glad to see you up and about, Tom. The work you and John put into your threads has been incredibly
valuable.

Dave K.

We're all set for a return visit 6/22/19. Got over a dozen folks from as far away as Colorado joining us for a get-together. Jump in!

S&S RR

Quote from: Janbouli on June 27, 2017, 03:12:41 AM
Thank you Dave, there can never be too many photo's of George's layout.

Amen
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

Dan_Pugatch

Visiting the FS&M on Saturday was beyond amazing. Thank you Dave for organizing the trip. It was really great to meet many of the modelers I have been following on Facebook and Instagram for years and make new friends as well. 

Attached is my favorite scene of the layout, as I posted on FB "Like an old clipper ship captain, I am married to the sea"

Until the next meetup don't get derailed!
Breakwater Branch Railroad
"Connecting the Maine Shore to the World"

ACL1504

I'm curious, did George or Hal run any trains while everyone visited the open house?

Thom Driggers ran trains for us when we had our private open house tour in 2016. Thanks to John Siekirk, we were at the F&SM that day for the better part of 7 hours.

Inquiring minds and all that!

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Raymo

George ran the railroad last weekend Tom. Thom was one of those that were absent.

ACL1504

Thanks Raymo for the response.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Raymo

tct855

Yes,
   Thom was absent.  Thom was in Harrisburg, PA. training and honing his new craft of working for Amtrak as a locomotive/coach car electrical troubleshooter on 25k va.  Keeping America coming and going on Americas rail -one engine/coach at a time.  I will complete my 6 months training in the first week of October this year, then look out America!

I'm sorry I couldn't be at the F&SM/forrum open house running up to 8 trains at a time for everyone, but just like George I've got a railroad to run also.  Yes, I've never thought I'd be working for Amtrak and yes, learning so much about electric passenger service.  Not bad for a guy who spent his whole life working on and learning about diesel freight service.

Glad to see everyone who attended the open house thought that it was worth the trip.  Like I've always said, even a bad day at the f&sm-still beats a very good day anywhere else and oh, don't forget, never stick anything in your ear-except your elbow!  Just sayin'.  Thanx Thom...

Dave K.

Good to here from you, Thom.👍🏻