M.A.C. Little Tugger Hoist

Started by Jerry, September 09, 2019, 09:30:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NEMMRRC

Looking good. Nice detail in that kit.

Jaime

Jerry

John (Cuse) thanks very much for the nice comment.

John always glad to have you stop by with a nice compliment.

Jaime thanks glad you like the kit it is different for sure.

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Jerry

Yes its painted.  And mostly weathered.
Comments are welcome!

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Opa George

Jerry, that is a beautifully modeled piece of vintage machinery. It has wonderful visual interest and your detailing work is top notch.
Thanks for sharing!
--George

jerryrbeach

Jerry,

As you might guess I'm a little partial to anything that has a tractor.  This is coming along nicely, looking forward to seeing the remaining gear drive parts in place.  I would suggest a little light brown staining on the top of the tank around the fuel filler cap.  Leaded gasoline left that residue when any was spilled when refueling.  Two thumbs way up!
Jerry

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

Jerry

Thanks George for such a nice compliment.

Jerry I thought you'd like the tractor I will take your advice on the gas tank.
Yes there is a lot left in hooking up the tractor to the hoist.

Curt thanks for the nice compliment.

Jerry

Jerry

The latest on the "Tugger".

It is all glued together detail parts added.  The only thing missing right now is the drive chain.

You ask why?  Because the chain supplied does not fit the sprockets!  If you look you can see the drive wheel on the hoist is different than the teeth on the tractor.
But I have gotten ideas to fix the problem.

Comments always welcome.

Pennman

Nice weathering and painting, as well as seeing all of the parts in their correct placement !  ;)
Will you be adding other tools and details to this model? And if you decide to place this outside of your new
machine shop, will it be visible or in the weeds?  Great job all around.

Rich

postalkarl

Hey Jerry:

WOW!!!!! very cool. I love what you did with it.

Karl

jerryrbeach

Jerry,

That's a very interesting piece of machinery.  I like the foot brake to hold the load while engaging and disengaging the drive.  The levers for engaging and disengaging the drive clutches are well represented.  It seems like a well designed kit except it is disappointing that the manufacturer supplied drive sprockets with different tooth pitch.  I'll be interested to see how you solve that issue.  I like how the weathering is subtle, the hoist and power unit look used while well maintained.  I don't see the exhaust on the right side of the Fordson's motor.  I would expect to see it going up past the side of the hood.  Am I missing something?  Downside exhaust maybe, but I don't see that in the photo either.
Jerry

ReadingBob

Very cool!   8)  OSHA approved too I'm sure.   ;D
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

Rail and Tie

That is very very nice!!  Truly inspired work! So much detail packed into a little space.
Darryl Jacobs
Inter-Action Hobbies
www.interactionhobbies.com

Jerry

Thanks Rich always good to have you on board.  Yes some tools and oil & grease cans.  No it will not be in the grass but on a shelf for now!!

Karl thanks for the nice compliment.

Jerry the tractor man thanks for the comment its really appreciated.  Now for your questions I didn't put the exhaust on yet I was afraid it would get in the way of trying to put the chain on its a downdraft.
From what I've seen and people I know who have done this kit.  You super glue the chain on top of the sprockets and do a heavy grease layer to hid the fact its not on top!!

Darryl thank you very much.  It is a cool little kit.

Jerry

Jerry

Bob I'm sorry I missed your post.  Thanks for the compliment.

Jerry