Started by ACL1504, August 30, 2018, 03:27:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jrmueller

Looking great Tom. Always room for another couple miles of track. Jim
Jim Mueller
Superintendent(Retired)
Westchester and Boston Railroad

Janbouli

Doing great Tom , your trackwork is very neat , I am really trying to do mine with yours as an example.
I love photo's, don't we all.

MAP

Mark

ACL1504

Quote from: S&S RR on June 01, 2019, 08:22:30 AM
Tom

It's great to see new track work on your layout Tom.  More space to fill with structures and scenery.  ;)  It keeps us going my friend.

John,

Track work is fun to do when done correctly, meaning no derails down the track. In another month or so, I'll be ready to start another structure and some scenery.

Appreciate you checking in on the progress.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: Jerry on June 01, 2019, 09:10:15 AM
Tom its looking really good!  I know you have a long way to go but its all coming together in those pictures!!

Jerry

Jerry,

Thank you very much my friend. I think I can safely say I'm about 85% complete on the track work. The third level center isle will have a lot of track and supporting structures.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: jrmueller on June 01, 2019, 10:13:10 AM
Looking great Tom. Always room for another couple miles of track. Jim

Jim,

Thank you kind sir, maybe a few more miles but not much more than that. 8)

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: Janbouli on June 02, 2019, 05:22:43 AM
Doing great Tom , your trackwork is very neat , I am really trying to do mine with yours as an example.

Jan,

Thank you for the kind compliment on the trackwork. I look at track as a model, it can look good or bad depending on how you do it.

The best advice I could give anyone on laying neat and flawless track is to be patient and fix any issues as you go. Sometimes I want to not follow my own advice! ;D ;D  By this I mean I don't always want to run the three passenger test cars over each joint as it's soldered in order to find and issues then. Freight cars are a no brainer but the track must be free of any issues for the long heavyweights.

Tom ;D

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: MAP on June 02, 2019, 06:10:33 AM
Great progress Tom.  Looking really good!

Mark,

Thank you as well. I really appreciate everyone following along and posting comments.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Work on the Summit Yard continues but no pictures forthcoming. Ya'll have seen the yard and I'm just adding more track, dropping feeder wires, filling in the tie gaps and testing turnouts and uncouplers.

Hopefully I'll get to a point of some new photos to share later this week.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Work on the layout continues but the updates are slow these days.

I finally got the Great Divide Bridge sides on.

One day this bridge will be replace with something more realistic.

More in a few.
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I added the fascia over Eaton's Curve as well.

Yes, it's level!

Continued -
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Looks like the Army is sending in reinforcements to help the Tahope Police with the folks from the Bottoms.

These Army vehicles were made at Raymo's Motors.
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

postalkarl

Hey Tom:

That is some really cool scenery. I really love seeing photos of your RR.

Karl

Janbouli

Quote from: postalkarl on June 07, 2019, 05:02:12 PM
Hey Tom:

That is some really cool scenery. I really love seeing photos of your RR.

Karl
Second that, a treat every time
I love photo's, don't we all.

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision