The Atlantic and Southern Build Thread Continued, Part 3

Started by ACL1504, August 30, 2018, 03:27:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACL1504

I drew the foot print of where Jefferies will be located.

Roadway added -

More in a few.
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Some good news is that the wood platform didn't warp when dried.

Scenery will be next to the road and building as it was on the diorama.

I have room for two additional nice sized building on the right and left but not sure what they will be at this time.

More in a few.
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Here are a few views of Jefferies to give you some perspective of where it's located in relation to the other surrounding structures.

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

S&S RR

Tom

Congratulations on Part 3 of your build thread! What a great way to start it out. And thanks again for sharing your layout progress with us.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

ACL1504

Quote from: S&S RR on August 30, 2018, 03:35:15 PM
Tom

Congratulations on Part 3 of your build thread! What a great way to start it out. And thanks again for sharing your layout progress with us.

John,

Thank you my friend, it was an easy decision after what happened two years ago.

And, you are welcome, my pleasure in sharing the layout progress.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I've been testing a few structures in this area. This one is Four Aces Salvage, the first ever build challenge on the forum.

Of course the structure would sit further back from the tracks.

I'm thinking of using this area as an old salvage/junk yard. This is only a thought for now. I'll leave it a few days to see how I like it.

More in a few.
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Of course this would look better in the location.

I'm thinking very seriously about getting the three kits and building one for the A&S RR.
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

GPdemayo

And the journey begins on Part 3.....I'll be looking keeping an eye on things from the cheap seats.....you know me better than to think I would go for the close in box seats, don't you?  ;)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

postalkarl

Hey Tom:

Lots of great buildings. Keep the photos coming I'll be following along.

Karl

Bruce Oberleitner

Uncle Tommie,
Congratulations on reaching part three of the thread.  That is truly amazing!  I like the placement of four aces salvage building.  I think you should go for it.

Now a comment on a post at the end of part two.  While every model railroader owns and knows how to turn on a sawsall, not everyone know how to use one SAFELY,   Case in point during a recent layout tear down, I witnessed someone going thru a live power line with said tool.  The fact that me and the operator lived to tell the tale is nothing short of amazing.  And no, I wasn't the operator but I was working nearby when it happened.

So Please, Look before you leap with this widowmaker-9000 class tool.  And Don't try this at home!

;D ;D :o

Amagic41

Quote from: ACL1504 on August 30, 2018, 04:04:49 PM
Of course this would look better in the location.

I'm thinking very seriously about getting the three kits and building one for the A&S RR.

Tom...Not to mention you have already built part of it ..... twice  ...lol
Ken Crump
KC's Workshop
Bowie,Md
www.kcworkshop.com

geoawelch

Tom,

What a great display of fine modeling. Very impressive.

George