Micro-Scale Models The Corner Gas and Oil

Started by Oldguy, November 24, 2019, 10:13:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimF

I've been following, Bob, but forget to comment  :o

Love the roof treatment, the overall build is excellent.

I have now put this kit in a saved ebay search, hopefully one comes along for a decent price. One more gas station I want to build.

Jim

postalkarl

Zephyrus52246

Oldguy

Bob Dye
Livin large on a pond

deemery

So, Bob, what's your verdict on Micro-Scale kits?  You certainly got a good result!

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

ReadingBob

Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

Oldguy

Quote from: deemery on December 13, 2019, 11:03:45 AM
So, Bob, what's your verdict on Micro-Scale kits?  You certainly got a good result!

dave
They are okay.  I really wasn't planning on doing a hydrocal kit.  The walls, okay, but the entire roof?  I wasn't impressed by the included hydrocal detail parts.  Why are grain sacks included?  On a positive note, the building castings are very dense and can take a lot of handling.  The instructions are basic and often refer you to a specific detail number. 

I have two more of their gas stations (Gas Station kit 35 and Wintersrun Mobilgas) but I think these are primarily laser kits.  I haven't opened either one yet. 
Bob Dye
Livin large on a pond

postalkarl

Hey Bob:

Looking at the valleys in your roof. How do you think they would look if they were copper. Copper color or NYC or Penn Central green for patina.

Karl

Oldguy

Quote from: postalkarl on December 14, 2019, 07:55:23 AM
Hey Bob:

Looking at the valleys in your roof. How do you think they would look if they were copper. Copper color or NYC or Penn Central green for patina.

Karl
If it were subtle, it'll probably look great.  I know they used a lot of copper back East Coast, not so much here in the Midwest Coast.
Bob Dye
Livin large on a pond