Master Creations "The Office" Scene

Started by SteveCuster, October 24, 2018, 09:21:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveCuster

Hello everyone,

I just got finished building a small scene using Master Creations "The Office". I needed a small scene to fill in an area on my layout. I've always been a fan of this structure and I ended up picking one up for very cheap on Ebay. Very easy to assemble. I colored the walls with gray auto primer and I weathered them some chalks and a couple washes of black acrylics. I just threw the little shed together to give the scene a little bit of interest.

I'm assuming this kit is from the 1970's. I can usually tell if a kit is pretty old when it comes with a little bag of green dyed sawdust for the scenery.

This is the area the structure will sit on the layout.

The structure and the details won't be very noticeable on the layout once I start to build around it but it was a fun little build anyway.

Thanks for checking in.

-Steve

Steve Custer

jerryrbeach

Steve,

That is a nice little building and shows your usual craftsmanship.  Despite its small size I'm sure it will be noticed on your layout.
Jerry

ReadingBob

Very nice Steve!  I don't recall that one.  Great little scene where you placed it.
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

ACL1504

Steve,

Very nice build on "The Office."

MC first introduced this little office for their MC Limited Run, Blandings & Gallard Cemet & Construction Company Ltd. kit. It was kit #45 and sold for $134.95 in 1988. "The Office" came a few years later as HO kit #CR602 and retailed for $16.95. Yes, it did include a small bag of sawdust grass and some color signs.

I've heard that a few versions of "The Office" were done in Hydrocal but I've only seen them in metal.

Again, nice job on the scene.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

NKP768

Zephyrus52246

Great looking diorama.  Looks like it will fit right in on your layout.

Jeff

SteveCuster

Thanks everyone.

Tom, thanks for the history of the kit. I would've thought it was older. Seems like some of the older Master Creations kits are similar to FSM but as they got newer they switched to the laser cut kits. As you can see next to this diorama I built Minerva Casket. It was a very difficult kit, probably the most difficult I've built.

I have an older Fred C. Dobbs Mining kit I recently bought and it's similar to a FSM or even a Campbell's kit.

I really enjoy building some of these older kits. You really get a feel for how the hobby has progressed through the years. Many of these kits can be purchased for pretty cheap.

-Steve
Steve Custer