FSM #155 Old Time Coal Dock finished

Started by cdisdero, January 26, 2018, 09:24:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cdisdero

Greetings fellow forum members.  After being inspired by all the great builds of kits and beautiful dioramas here, I thought I'd post my build of FSM kit #155 - Old Time Coal Dock, which I finally finished recently after about a year of off-and-on work on it.  I hope you enjoy.  Criticism and comments are welcome.  Thanks!

EricQuebec

Very nice work. It"S the first time I see this kit finished.

Eric

bparrish

No criticisms here. 

Very cool.

Welcome aboard. 

See ya
Bob
Did you ever notice how many towns are named after their water towers ! ?

vinceg

Looks excellent. The display case is a great idea. I have a couple of older, smaller FSM kits that might be difficult to place on my layout. Maybe this is a better solution than eBay...

Vince
Vince

Protolancing the Illinois Central Chicago District from Chicago to Kankakee

ACL1504

Chris,

Very well done in deed. Welcome to the forum as well.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ReadingBob

Welcome to the forum Chris! 

Beautiful!  Simply beautiful build.  I have this one in my stash and do hope to build it someday.  Your build will be an inspiration to do a good job on it.
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

S&S RR

Chris

Beautiful work! And welcome to the forum. I hope we get to see more of your work.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

GPdemayo

Excellent work Chris..... 8) .....and welcome to the forum.
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

Janbouli

Great build Chris , looks outstanding, and welcome to the forum, don't be afraid to show us more.
I love photo's, don't we all.

deemery

The figures really help the model.  And it sits square on the trapezoid footings (that's something I had a problem with on my build of this kit.)

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

postalkarl

Hey Cdisdero:

looks pretty darned good to me.

Karl

hairball

Quote from: ReadingBob on January 27, 2018, 08:39:47 AM
Welcome to the forum Chris! 

Beautiful!  Simply beautiful build.  I have this one in my stash and do hope to build it someday.  Your build will be an inspiration to do a good job on it.

I agree , all the time I was building FSM kits this one ( fsm 155 ) was constantly listed for sale on ebay , its like there was a sea of them floating around never staying anywhere long enough to get built.

Pictures like this show the beauty of the design and how great it looks when built, trick is to be able to incorporate it into a layout rather than just as a diorama. I think that's the crunch, builds great diorama, hard to work into a layout.

Great build , well constructed and detailed.

mike lynch...........madmike3434........HAIRBALL

deemery

Looks great, I particularly like the piece of tar paper poking out from underneath the shingles.

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to