Photos from my 2017 Expo Diorama

Started by Eric, November 09, 2017, 03:55:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amagic41

Eric Great modeling ... saw this in the contest room and I have to agree it is even more impressive in person !

Ken Crump
KC's Workshop
Bowie,Md
www.kcworkshop.com

cuse

Great job Eric...I love this kind of modeling, where you can keep discovering more the longer you look at it. John S. posted some great pics too.

John

postalkarl

Hey Eric:

I was very impressed with this diorama. I would have to say it was my favorite model at the EXPO. Good luck next year.

Karl

richbeau

Beautiful stuff... Love how you've creatively combined kits.
--Rich

PS I've got the original 3-box version of Zane's in the closet. Your version has me rethinking just how to use the darn thing.

robertseckler

Great model
Zane's was my very first craftsman kit I every built
It sits in a place of promdence on the DVRRR

Eric

Robert I truly appreciate this whole Expo 2017 you and the team ran. You guys did such a tremendous job in inspiring me to do more and better. Meeting vendors and just chatting with all the guys that love and have passion for the same thing I love, Model railroading! It all came to a crest with the feeling I had walking up to grab my third place finish I could never explain the awwww I had! I've been modeling since I was nine and remember opening up my very first Model railroad magazine which I bought with my paper route money 😁. Seeing pictures of George Selious projects and always asking myself, " how does he do that?" Well over the years. Dave Frary videos and plenty of how to model books? I picked up a few things here and there getting me  to the level of Craftsman kits which was the ultimate! Thank you again for the wonderful job you guys did. I can't wait for next years show. My wife also had a wonderful time which is always a plus for us fellows. She's not mad anymore when I took her blush brush and attempted to use it for dry brushing. Lol.

P.S. I met Mr Zane at the show for the first time after seeing him on the internet. I felt like he was a celebrity in my eyes. That was the coolest and what a modeler he is. Wow!

Eric

Quote from: richbeau on November 10, 2017, 08:07:02 AM
Beautiful stuff... Love how you've creatively combined kits.
--Rich

PS I've got the original 3-box version of Zane's in the closet. Your version has me rethinking just how to use the darn thing.
Rich I will be using a micro scale models inc. kit I picked up at the show combining it with a light house I picked up from crow river products ! I love those micro scale kits.

JusticeCity

I took some time to produce a couple short videos of the contest room.

Here is part 1

https://youtu.be/nw45pWEf27E

Here is part 2

https://youtu.be/pKYTen4g6tw

A bit jittery, but watchable.

ACL1504

Marty,

Great videos, thank you very much. Every model is a winner.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Eric

Wow that video really hit the spot! You get to see it all in motion once again. You did such a good job. No shakes at all. Really a good clear job! Thank you for sharing that with me and all of us awesome!! You might not get a diorama award but you sure take home an acedmy award for that video lol Again Great Job!!👍👍👍👍

donatode

Thank You So Much Marty. Great shooting as usual.

rosyfft

Love the diorama! What did you use for piping, smoke stacks, that are coming out of the building? Was it scratch-built, or commercially available?

Eric

Quote from: rosyfft on November 10, 2017, 02:41:19 PM
Love the diorama! What did you use for piping, smoke stacks, that are coming out of the building? Was it scratch-built, or commercially available?
piping was scratch built also on zanes merchantile. The vents I remember came with throndike mills. South river model works but I believe you can get them in packages or small kits from what I remember yes I did use the extras on Throndike and J.J. TOOLS which is the building next to throndike that I have connected with walk over bridge

Eric

Quote from: robertseckler on November 10, 2017, 08:48:28 AM
Great model
Zane's was my very first craftsman kit I every built
It sits in a place of promdence on the DVRRR
responded on my page but was more in response to you Robert. Robert I truly appreciate this whole Expo 2017 you and the team ran. You guys did such a tremendous job in inspiring me to do more and better. Meeting vendors and just chatting with all the guys that love and have passion for the same thing I love, Model railroading! It all came to a crest with the feeling I had walking up to grab my third place finish I could never explain the awwww I had! I've been modeling since I was nine and remember opening up my very first Model railroad magazine which I bought with my paper route money 😁. Seeing pictures of George Selious projects and always asking myself, " how does he do that?" Well over the years. Dave Frary videos and plenty of how to model books? I picked up a few things here and there getting me  to the level of Craftsman kits which was the ultimate! Thank you again for the wonderful job you guys did. I can't wait for next years show. My wife also had a wonderful time which is always a plus for us fellows. She's not mad anymore when I took her blush brush and attempted to use it for dry brushing. Lol.

P.S. I met Mr Zane at the show for the first time after seeing him on the internet. I felt like he was a celebrity in my eyes. That was the coolest and what a modeler he is. Wow!

rpdylan

again, great work Eric!  so now you need to keep posting your work! ( we all love build posts/ photos!). look forward to meeting you at the next Expo, wherever that may be held!
Bob C.