Superior & Seattle Railroad Build (Volume 3) Started 7/27/19

Started by S&S RR, July 27, 2019, 08:44:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

S&S RR

This morning, I added the roof cards to the Fox Run buildings.  This means I got out my Jan Bags from under the workbench.  This is probably the best tip I have found reading build threads on the forum.  Jan (aka Janbouli) a few years ago, here on the forum, showed how he used sandbags or bean bags to hold down roof cards while the glue dries.  It works great - it's one of those why didn't I think of that kind of ideas.  Anyway, I glue the roof card down and then use a mirror to make sure it is seated all the way around, and to make sure there is no glue getting out onto the surface of the wall. You can shift the weight of the sand around in the bag until the card fits just right. Thanks again Jan - I know I have posted about this before but I always think of Jan at this point of a build.

John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

On the Swakhammer's build I started adding the nail heads and bracing to the clapboard wall sections.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

I also added the window and door castings to the stone walls for Swakhammer's. I thought I would show the backside of the last wall that I did to show how much glue I add around the metal castings. I first set the door with just a little glue. Then once it is set I go back and add a generous bead all the way around the castings to make sure they don't go anywhere after there on the layout.

The plan is to glue these wall sections together in the morning.

John Siekirk

Janbouli

You're very welcome John, you and many others here have given me so many great ideas , inspiring photo's , and much more .
I love photo's, don't we all.

S&S RR

Quote from: Janbouli on November 23, 2019, 03:21:31 AM
You're very welcome John, you and many others here have given me so many great ideas , inspiring photo's , and much more .

Jan

Thank you for following along.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

S&S RR

John Siekirk

Mark Dalrymple

Looking good, John.

I really like the yellow for the doors.  It works very well with your stone colour.

Cheers, Mark.