Holland Odessa R.R.

Started by Jim Donovan, March 31, 2018, 11:09:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Donovan

Quote from: ACL1504 on November 04, 2018, 12:41:00 PM
Jim,

Well done on your diorama. glad you got to go to the Expo and it appears it was a great success for you.

Tom ;D

Thanks Tom;

It was great to learn and meet both Forum Members and others. Much different type show then ones I attended when working. At the Expo vendors and Modeler's freely interacted not just at the show but all the time. In my business world it was us and them.

Oh by the way I asked Slim during his clinic why my lighted drug store was so bright. He then taught me about current limiters. Once installed I hope not to have my own fire.

Jim D
Holland & Odessa Railroad

Jim Donovan

Quote from: Lynnb on November 04, 2018, 03:01:59 PM
The dioramma came out really nice, its nice to be able to apply the seminar stuff when it was fresh in your mind.

Thanks Lynn;

It was fun but you are right, making it it helped lock in what the instructors showed.

Jim D

GPdemayo

Well done Jim.....sounds like you had a lot of fun.....can't wait to hear about your adventures..  8)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

Jim Donovan

Quote from: GPdemayo on November 05, 2018, 08:48:04 AM
Well done Jim.....sounds like you had a lot of fun.....can't wait to hear about your adventures..  8)

Thanks Greg;

It was fun and it was the people that made it so. Looking forward to getting together. We are heading down this week.

Job m D

Jim Donovan

We are back in Ohio for the summer and fall, hard to believe it's been almost two years since I started this hobby and this layout. Over a year since I started posting my progress. During the past winter I made a version of FOS Decker's Tar Soap, which I call Schwarz Stamping. It was made in honor of Tom Schwarz whom I met last year at the EXPO. The forum named the Winter Kit Challenge after Tom as he passed away shortly after going home.

There is still much to do on main street but I have placed Schwarz Stamping at its new home.

GPdemayo

Looks good in it's new home Jim.....see you in the fall.  8)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

Jim Donovan

As I continue to build out the structures for Mandryville I have been adding details. I'm at a point that parts of the layout are starting to come to life. I took this for a contest asking for scenery based pictures. It is late September in NW Ohio. The leaves are just starting to change with a hint of fall in the air. Two boys are watching the canal boats going by wondering what exotic places they are travel to, perhaps as far away as Cincinnati! The lighting bugs are starting to come out so they better hurry home before they are late for diner.

Janbouli

Looks nice with all the details Jim
I love photo's, don't we all.

Jim Donovan

Thanks Jan

I like detailing, it tells the story of the scene. I plan to be doing a lot of it this summer. Looking forward to building out the town as well.

Thanks Greg - will catch up soon.

Jim

Oldguy

A lot of life in that scene.
Bob Dye
Livin large on a pond

MAP

Mark

jimmillho

Nice job Jim.

from another Jim

Jim

Dennis Bourey

Awesome job Jim....... Dennis
Dennis Bourey
dpbourey@comcast.net

Lake's Region RR
(Happy Modeling)

Jim Donovan

This is test if I can post. Building is current project a Downtown Deco Kit. Bottom to be bank above a gambling hall

postalkarl

Hey jim:

Nice RR. Keep the pics coming.

Karl