Superior & Seattle Railroad Build (Volume 3) Started 7/27/19

Started by S&S RR, July 27, 2019, 08:44:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

S&S RR

I cut the oak plywood facia boards for the Superior Yard, yesterday.  The plywood and molds are ready for staining.  Also, 15 of the 52 Tortoise Machines are install and tested.

John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

ACL1504

John,

Hey, those control panels look fantastic. Great job on them my friend. You are moving along faster than me.

Looks great.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

S&S RR

Quote from: ACL1504 on August 07, 2019, 11:30:16 AM
John,

Hey, those control panels look fantastic. Great job on them my friend. You are moving along faster than me.

Looks great.

Tom ;D

Tom

Thank you, I'm moving along at my pace - it's what us retired guys do.
John Siekirk

deemery

No cup holders?  I thought all you Detroit auto designers included cup holders!   :) ;) :D ;D

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

S&S RR

Quote from: deemery on August 08, 2019, 12:07:53 AM
No cup holders?  I thought all you Detroit auto designers included cup holders!   :) ;) :D ;D

dave

Dave

The bar is just on the other side of the room. Away from all that expensive electronics.  ;) ;D  Thank you for following along.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Update:  Today, I decided to stain all of the moldings and plywood facia  pieces.  It was a beautiful day here so I spent most of the day in the garage rather than in the basement.
John Siekirk

ACL1504

Quote from: S&S RR on August 07, 2019, 09:28:51 PM
John,

Looks great.

Tom ;D

Tom

Every day is Saturday except on Sunday. 8)
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

S&S RR

Quote from: ACL1504 on August 10, 2019, 06:31:33 AM
Quote from: S&S RR on August 07, 2019, 09:28:51 PM
John,

Looks great.

Tom ;D

Tom

Every day is Saturday except on Sunday. 8)

Amen
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Update:  Today, I finished the plywood facias and moldings - two coats of Satin Polyurethane. They will be spending the night in the garage drying. I brought one board in to do a color check and I think we did a good job of matching the cabinets. I also, installed another group of tortoise machines number 20 of 53 required for the Superior Yard. I have one more to complete everything in the North Yard. I will try to remember to take a picture of the wiring and under the benchwork before I start adding the facia boards.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Here are a few pictures of the under the benchwork stuff - before I close up the benchwork with the facia boards. After the facia boards go on the natural light will be gone so it will be all flashlight work.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

The Barrett Hill Direct Base boards. all wired up for the North Yard Control Panel.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

The tree empty spots are for the three way controls for the turntable area. That control panel is on my workbench waiting for the frame to dry.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

Finally, here is a picture of the North Yard Control Panel.  I'm about to take the molding off so I can stain and finish them. I have one change - I'm going to replace the .093 thickness Lexon with .06 thickness.  The toggles work but I'm having to work at it under certain light conditions.  Workbench tests have shown that this will fix the issue.

John Siekirk