CCK Concord Street Houses

Started by Vilius, August 05, 2016, 10:50:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vilius

This project is in the late stage already. I have posted couple of progress pictures on the daily thread before and intended to continue going that route but then I thought why not to do some advertisement for Jeff. That is, of course, if I am doing good job.

Vilius

ACL1504

Villius,

Fantastic job on the Concord Street houses. I built them for Jeff and posted a thread on the old forum. These are wonderful kits. Aunt Ruth's House is another one that is an excellent kit but is no longer available.

My Concord Street build is here.

http://www.kitforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8004

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ReadingBob

Wonderful!  I really like this line of CCK kits and what you're doing with them Vilius.

Tom's version of this particular one ended up being temporarily on loan to PennsyJ1, and placed on their layout, until I built the kit for them.  I now have one in my stash to build for myself someday.   :D
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

jlgrove

I love these that Vilius is working on.....he has a great eye for colors and attention to detail...as he builds these for me and gives me any suggestions for improvements, I plan to put these kits back out as individual structures......the Concord Street Series has been a popular series of structures....

ACL1504

Quote from: jlgrove on August 05, 2016, 11:52:33 AM
I plan to put these kits back out as individual structures......the Concord Street Series has been a popular series of structures....

Groovy Jeff,

By "these" do you mean Aunt Ruth's house as well? Inquiring minds and all that.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Dave K.

Really great job, Vilius. Great colors...tight joints. I need to take a few lessons!

cuse

Great job Villius. I love the flat coloring and subtle weathering. You have a great eye!

John

tom.boyd.125

Vilius, Fantastic work on those kits !  8) 8) 8) Thanks for sharing your work !  ;)
Tommy
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

jlgrove

Quote from: ACL1504 on August 05, 2016, 01:39:34 PM
Quote from: jlgrove on August 05, 2016, 11:52:33 AM
I plan to put these kits back out as individual structures......the Concord Street Series has been a popular series of structures....

Groovy Jeff,

By "these" do you mean Aunt Ruth's house as well? Inquiring minds and all that.

Tom ;D

....maybe Tom....lets see if there is any renewed interest as you show what you do with them.....

MAP

These look great!  You've done a wonderful build on Jeff's kits.
Mark

MASIGMON

Vilius,
After seeing your work on the forum I went out & purchased from a dealer Concord Street CCK1323 & The Shops CCK1477.  I do not know if I will have time to build them but they will do just fine in my stock of Fos Scale & FSM kits.
I know everyone has asked about the structures I am asking what did you se the the Base (street)

Mike Sigmon
Jacksonville

Vilius

Mike,

Thank you for stopping by. For the base I used 3/16 thick gatorfoam which you can get from Gator Dave www.gatorfoam.net or other sources.

Vilius

Vilius

This is a re-post. Originally, I posted the pictures some time between the database backup and its crash so they all got wiped out.

Vilius

Vilius

Few more...

cuse

That's really first-rate work. Your coloring and weathering is so "muted" and realistic. Very nice!

John