Finishing FOS Canal & Third diorama

Started by Vilius, March 21, 2016, 02:08:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vilius

I started the kit over six years ago and it took me a year to get to the point shown in the first picture (It was so long time ago that I had to download the picture of the net). Then a number of other distractions came up and I abandoned the diorama. At the last EXPO Alan tried talking me into finishing it. I felt like it would be good to do it finally for number of reasons but the motivation just wasn't there. Some time last year I found someone who was really interested in the diorama. It took me some time to get other projects out of the way and build up the motivation level. My goal is to complete the project within the next month.

Vilius

postalkarl

Hi Vilius:

very nicely done. This is one of my favorite FOS Scale kits. I always loved the Mermaid Bar. Can't wait to see what you do with it as a finished model.

Vilius

Thank you, Karl.

Here is an update. I have installed the rest of the sidewalk, have made a rip rap and the steps for a shortcut. Too many little people have broken their legs and arms climbing over the fence and jumping down the retaining wall.

Vilius

Zephyrus52246

Looks great, Vilius.  The "Frary vs. Mason" fight sign always makes me laugh.  ;D

Jeff

tom.boyd.125

Vilius,
Great looking diorama ! Thank You for the PM on motivation too.
Tom
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

GPdemayo

Great work Villius.....I'll be watching.  8)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

postalkarl

Hi Vilius:

Looking wonderful. Love the stairway going up to the street.

Karl

Vilius

Thank you, everyone.
I attempted to make some progress last night but the end result was very pathetic. All I managed to do was to build and install some 5" of wood fence.

Vilius

postalkarl

Hi Vilius:

I looking better all the time. Keep the photos coming.

Karl

Vilius

Thank you, Karl.

I have lost the momentum here. At some point I ran out of prepainted NBWs and by the time I painted them I was already working on something else... I intend to get back to it as soon as I am done with my 55 gallon drum farm and couple of structures for Jeff G.

Vilius

postalkarl

Hi Vilius:

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! very nicely done.

Karl

Vilius