Started by postalkarl, June 13, 2019, 02:44:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Dalrymple

Looks really good, Karl. 

I like that ridge capping.

Cheers, Mark.

postalkarl

Hi jan & Mark:

Thanks for the great compliments. Glad you liked how it came out. Thanks much.

Karl

postalkarl

Hi All:

this kit is finished. All gable trim has been added as have the stacks and chimney.

Karl

jimmillho

Opa George

Karl, Nice work on this kit--the roof in particular. I'm just getting caught up on posts.
--George

S&S RR

Karl

Another fine build by the master. Great work buddy.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

Jerry

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Bruce Oberleitner

That's some pretty impressive modeling Karl.  Everything you've built looks fantastic. 

I am curious on how you are able to paint so many castings in what appears to be a short period of time.  These always seem to take forever for me to do.  Any hints you would be willing to share?

8) 8) 8)

postalkarl

Hey:
Jim, Opa George, John S and Jerry:

Thanks for the compliments Guys. Much appreciated.

Karl

postalkarl

Hey Bruce:

Thanks for the great compliment. Most of the castings are items that are wood based. I tape them to a pice of plywood and spray paint them with Krylon aomouflage #4295 sand. Looks just like Floquil Earth. Then all the details are painted by hand. Metal barrels are all painted by hand. Some are painted one color and others are painted red or green with a white middle band.

Karl

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

Bruce Oberleitner

Thanks for the info Karl.  I will have to give that a try.  I've been dinking around with an O Scale structure that is in need of detail parts.  I guess there's another order to Rusty Rails in my future.

;D ;D ;D