robertseckler

Looking for Peace Valley Models Kits

There were a company that came to one of the early CSS shows

Mostly background building.

Let me know

Thanks

rpdylan

Hey Robert,
     Didn't Jimmy D. buy out some of their kits? They were the resin background kits, right?
Bob C.

tom.boyd.125

Peace Valley came out with 3 kits that are know to me. I saved the photos in a file ... here they are...Stover's Shoe Supply, John Mazza & Sons Pipe Co. and Acme Chemical...there are 2 photos of Acme Chemical a front & rear, the other 2 were background models only.  Can't find the rear view of Acme...will post latter....
Tommy
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

tom.boyd.125

Here's the back photo of Acme Chemical, found in a different folder...it was the only two sided kit Peace Valley made. This was the final and also the most expensive kit that was produced by them.
Tommy
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

rpdylan

I bought the Stover's kit way way back in the old days of the CSS. I started it years ago  but put it on the shelf midway thru.... very nice kit. Big thick resin castings, wanted to get another kit but he went out of business. I think I saw some at Jimmy's table when I was at Scranton.
Bob C.

robertseckler

Bob C,

What are you doing w/ one start on the shelf??

rpdylan

Hey Robert-
    Well, I got sidetracked with other projects and then.....well, you know how it is! Did you contact Jimmy D. regarding these kits? I could swear that he told me he bought them to sell.....
Bob C.

rpdylan

Wasn't this one of theirs?
Bob C.

robertseckler

Bob,
That's not Peace Valley
That's a old South Coast or Suncoast resin kit
Jimmy D did buy that line
Not the one I am looking for
Thanks

postalkarl

Hi All:

Peace Valley Models were done by Dave Satter I believe. He was A customer in our Penn Valley Hobby shop where I worked in Lansdale, Pa. I believe he was from North Wales, Pa. I believe he made the 3 kits mentioned above. I know a built a few of them. If I can find photo I will post them.

Dave was around a lot then he kinda just disappeared.

Karl

robertseckler

Karl,
Thanks for info
Do you still have the built ups by any chance?

rpdylan

Hey Robert- you've got me curious! Are you working on a project?
Bob C.

postalkarl

Hi Robert:

No I do not and I haven't been able to find many photos if I took any. Built back in late 90's to early 2000's. Wasn't on any forums. I will continue to look to see if I have any photos.

Karl

robertseckler

Bob
I am always working on a project
Large new waterfront
Will post pictures soon

ACL1504

Unlike the bottom two kits, I have Stover's Shoe Supply and it is basically a building/background flat.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com