Emporium Scratch

Started by fsmcollector67, February 23, 2019, 01:01:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fsmcollector67

Hey All,
As you can see from the first pics the door building department has been busy. Some of George's castings are a nice challenge to duplicate in wood. The fifth pic is all of the walls cut, and ready to go. I am going to go for a plain gray/driftwood by the sea type of finish. The doors are pretty much what the walls finished color will be.
    The last pic is of one of my proud accomplishments. All of Doug's limited kits (except The Garment District) graciously signed by Doug. If anyone out there is willing to give up their Garment District, I will pay a GOOD price...

Thanks for taking a look....

Loren....
9 Fingers Loren.....
"Watch out for that #11 Blade"

Jerry

Nice coloring on the doors and windows!

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

vinceg

Castings look great, Loren.
Vince

Protolancing the Illinois Central Chicago District from Chicago to Kankakee

richbeau

Excellent work reproducing George's casting in wood. I remember being inspired to try creating the doors for Schramm. I should try more of that myself.
--Rich

Larry.h

Loren those are great looking doors. I've enjoyed building doors for a number of structures.
I'll be following along

MAP

A great start!  The weathering and details are excellent!  Can't wait to see what you do with the rest of the build.
Mark

fsmcollector67

Quote from: Jerry on February 23, 2019, 01:19:46 PM
Nice coloring on the doors and windows!

Jerry
Jerry,
Thanks for the comment...
Loren...
9 Fingers Loren.....

fsmcollector67

Quote from: vinceg on February 23, 2019, 03:02:02 PM
Castings look great, Loren.
Vince,
They are actually all scratched from wood, not castings....thanks for the comment...

Loren...
9 Fingers Loren.....

fsmcollector67

Quote from: richbeau on February 23, 2019, 04:23:21 PM
Excellent work reproducing George's casting in wood. I remember being inspired to try creating the doors for Schramm. I should try more of that myself.
--Rich
Rich,
Thanks for the comment...really not as hard as it looks, and your first try was pretty good...

Loren...
9 Fingers Loren.....

fsmcollector67

Quote from: Larry.h on February 23, 2019, 05:24:42 PM
Loren those are great looking doors. I've enjoyed building doors for a number of structures.
I'll be following along
Larry,
Thanks for the comment...good to have you following...

Loren...
9 Fingers Loren.....

fsmcollector67

Quote from: MAP on February 23, 2019, 06:16:19 PM
A great start!  The weathering and details are excellent!  Can't wait to see what you do with the rest of the build.
Mark,
Thanks for the comment....you are not going to have a seaport on your layout are you?

Loren...
9 Fingers Loren.....

S&S RR

Loren

Really looks great so far. I love the doors. I will be following along.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

fbernard65

Those doors are amazing in both the quality of the construction and coloring.

Frank

Dave K.

Ditto...super work on those doors.👍🏻

Oldguy

Um, um, ah, ah those are scratchbuilt?  In HO?  Good grief man, those are  . . . . sorry lost for words. I see you even added two nails per board, barrel hinges and door knob sets with separate lock sets.  Bravo.
Bob Dye
Livin large on a pond